Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Thoughts on a Sequoia (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20848)

kurtnkegger 02-06-2014 09:17 AM

Thoughts on a Sequoia

Looking to replace my wifes vehicle with a 2006 Sequoia. She currently drives a Range Rover, but it's seen better days, and I'm getting tired of the constant suspension work (air bags :eek:)

Anyway, just thought I would ask the club to see if anyone had insight...good or bad...

Thanks!

MDH33 02-06-2014 09:21 AM

We have that generation '05 Tundra crewcab. Love it. basically the same as the Sequoia as far as drivetrain and features. We looked at both and decided on the Tundra just for the extra cargo capacity. We were considering the 100 series too, but at the time weren't finding much on the market. Seems like a bunch around right now though, so that might be something to consider since it's a similar price point.

J Kimmel 02-06-2014 09:53 AM

they're awesome

took one in on trade a while ago with 290K on it, a little rough but running great

if taken care of they're great trucks

MTSN 02-06-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtnkegger (Post 246066)
Looking to replace my wifes vehicle with a 2006 Sequoia. She currently drives a Range Rover, but it's seen better days, and I'm getting tired of the constant suspension work (air bags :eek:)

Anyway, just thought I would ask the club to see if anyone had insight...good or bad...

Thanks!

Just wondering - what gen in your RR? I like the MKIII RR but my last vehicle was a BMW X5 that was platform shared/developed with the RR when BMW owned them and my air suspension gave up around 90k miles. Loved it but hated the maintenance.

kurtnkegger 02-06-2014 11:11 AM

My Rover is a '97 P38 model. Engine still runs great, just that stupid undersized compressor pump....Rebuilt the valve block, replaced the airbags with Arnott gen 3 bags...the only thing is height sensors, and new airlines. Still need to rebuild the pump piston seal (again), doing that tomorrow most likely...just got the parts shipped to me.

Rezarf 02-06-2014 04:26 PM

Buy one... it's a limo built by Toyota.

smslavin 02-06-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rezarf (Post 246083)
Buy one... it's a limo built by Toyota.

Total agreement. My wife has an '03, 158k, runs like a top and built like a tank. Tons 'o room for the :Princess:es, bikes, skis, dogs. Definitely doesn't drive big at all.

My only gripe is that the 4.6 is way underpowered. Once it's up to speed, it'll stay there but it takes awhile. No issues running up and down the hill though. It's also a little thirsty. That being said, on our last drive back from Telluride, we made it on a single tank.

kurtnkegger 02-07-2014 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went ahead and pulled the trigger...Here's the newest member to the family...

MDH33 02-08-2014 07:12 AM

Very nice!