Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   2014 Fishing (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20893)

Fishy 02-15-2014 05:10 PM

2014 Fishing

It's been too long since this thread has seen any posts. Since I was the one who ranted to have it, I want to see this forum get its fair share of use.

So....I've only got one real trip planned so far for 2014. I'll be on the Bighorn for a week immediately following Cruise Moab. It's become my favorite time of the year to be up there. Midges are hatching, BWO's are just getting started and the summer crowds haven't taken over yet.

I also have some Colorado alpine lakes that are on the 2014 map. Most of them involve a solid day of hiking to get there, so those will be overnighters at least. Rumor has it there are some big cutts swimming in 2 of them. ;)

I'm going to try a few days on the North Platte north of Walden, CO, just across the Wyoming border too. Looks like there might even be some opportunity for "expo approved" travel en route. I NEED to get on the North Platte's Miracle Mile this year. I have never fished that section.

Who's going where this year?

rover67 02-15-2014 06:50 PM

Not sure where i'm going but a overnighter sounds good. i have never caught anything fly fishing. Won a bass tournament once, does that count? Still suck at fly fishing.

We should do some overnighters... I know Keith and Lindsey would be down.

baja1d 02-16-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rover67 (Post 246440)
Not sure where i'm going but a overnighter sounds good. .

Agreed & subscribed!!!

LARGEONE 02-16-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja1d (Post 246458)
Agreed & subscribed!!!

X2. Haven't done near enough fishing since my 4 year old son came along!

Fishy 02-16-2014 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like a fish run is in the makings. I'll start the researching. The 1st Annual Rising Sun Fish Run!

Bruiser 02-18-2014 07:57 PM

I always wanted to start a fish trails run.

No plans yet this year but I have always wanted to hit some of high mountain lakes in northern Colorado or some of the lakes in Buena Vista. Was hoping to get into the Winds again but I might have to wait until next year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Stubby 02-28-2014 08:50 AM

Dude! I'll be all over this idea! I would do a fish trail once a month! This may be the perfect wheeling event for me. Well, maybe an Elk hunting trail would be up there too.

Beater 03-01-2014 05:30 AM

st vrain, small stream bush fishing would be the obvious first easy one, followed by boulder creek/rollinsville after a jenny creek maintenance run.

baja1d 03-01-2014 08:03 AM

Did St. Vrain open back up again after the flood?

Fishy 03-01-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beater (Post 247180)
st vrain, small stream bush fishing would be the obvious first easy one, followed by boulder creek/rollinsville after a jenny creek maintenance run.

I'm thinking more long distance for this year. I'm sure you know, we're pretty limited for mixing wheeling and fishing on the Front Range. I'm planning a trip north of Walden along the North Platte and a few lakes that will require some boots on the ground.

I did fish two lakes last year that would qualify for a wheeling/fishing runs.
Names/Locations are being withheld for obvious reasons! :hill: