Cruise Moab Vehicle Recovery Class
Thought I'd post the outline for the Vehicle Recovery Class that will be presented at CM2014. Hope to see you there....
Location: 1221 HWY 191. Just south of Buck’s Grill House @ 1393 HWY 191
When: April 30, 2014
Time: 2-5pm.... Yes, you can still make the Fin's Night Run (I'm gunning for Daniel)
Preparedness: (30 minutes)
• Equipment (Food, water, gloves, eye protection, hiking boots,
clothing, matches, vigil candles, water purifier, etc)
• Recovery & ratchet straps
• Signal mirrors (How to use them)
• Buddy system
First Aid: (30 minutes)
• Basic bandaging & splinting
• Over-the-counter meds that can save a life (Aspirin, Benadryl, etc)
• Display a basic first-aid kit
Personal Safety: (30 minutes)
• Pre-trip preparation of a vehicle (securing loose gear/projectile
• Techniques to stabilize a vehicle (Tire change, Hi-lift placement,
vehicle on it’s side or on roof)
• Use/review of hi-lifts, come-a-longs, and electric winches
• Dangers of cables, chain, straps, and anchor points
Anchors: (30 minutes)
• Trees, rocks, natural features
• Building anchors
• Techniques to re-set a tire bead
Vehicle Recovery: (1 hour)
*Two groups with two props: Winching off of built anchor & Rolled vehicle*
• Approach (360 walk around, disabling electrical system, establishing
• Victim removal
• Establishing an accomplishable goal with a time limit
• Winching off of a built anchor; Hi-lift
• Righting a rolled vehicle; electric winch; Hydro lock mitigation (Pull
• Question & Answers
Speaking of First Aid..... Rising Sun will be offering an actual worthwhile First Aid Trauma Kit specifically designed for offroading. This kit was assembled by an avid Outdoorsman & Firefighter/Paramedic that's been in the field for 20 years.
Here's the details of what's included:
•SAFE-T-KIT Bag, Dimensions: 12"L x 5"W x 5"H (SF-1 - SAFE-T-KIT)
• Emergency Blanket
• Trauma Shear
• Splinter Forceps
• Disposable Scalpel
• SAM Splint
• Velcro Tourniquet
• (10) 3/4" Bandage
• (10) 1" Bandage
• (10) Knuckle Bandage
• (10) Extra Large Bandage
• (3) 3" x 3" Gauze
• (6) 4" x 4" Gauze
• 1" Tape Roll
• 3" Roll Gauze
• Triangular Bandage
• 3" Elastic Bandage
• Non-Aspirin Tablets (2 pkg)
• Aspirin Tablets (2 pkg)
• Tongue depressors (aka: finger splints)
• CPR Pocket mask
• Cold Pack
• Hot Pack
• Eye wash w/ oval & Gauze eye pad
• Burn Free Gel
• Antiseptic Wash
• (4) 3-in-1 Antibiotic Cream
• Glucose 15 Oral Gel Tube
• Latex Free Gloves
• (1) Koban (self adhering wrap)
• Large Abdominal trauma dressing
The text in the pictures below will be very similar but will say "Cruise Moab 2014" instead of "Rising Sun 4x4 Club". Kits will be available for purchase at the event for $80 each but if you pre-order now we're offering a $5 discount. That $75.00 before the event but orders need to be placed before 4/14.
Here's the link to PayPal (Please include the service fee): www.risingsun4x4club.org/paypal.shtml
Please enter "Cruise Moab First Aid Kit" in the description box & then send me a PM to let me know you want one.
Wish I could be there but I will order a kit!
Cruise Moab Vehicle Recovery Class
No worries & I have you covered, Daddyo
I'll be making it to this. And the Fin Run!
Two junked cars to winch, flop, hi lift, etc confirmed yesterday. Should be a fun "hands-on" class.
I'm bummed I'm missing this.
Thank you Travis for bringing this awesome addition to Cruise Moab. I strongly suspect we'll have a lot more than the dozen or so who "officially" signed up during registration.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.