Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Land Use (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Slaughter House Gulch (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=21353)

FJCDan 05-28-2014 07:46 PM

Slaughter House Gulch

I have been in touch with Sam at Stay the Trail about the abuse of a meadow on the trail. He has spoken to the Land Manager for the South Platte RD. They are looking for volunteers to help this Satuday to put up signs and fencing and were hoping we might have some members that could help out. I would be the first to volunteer if I didn't allready have work lined up for Saturday. I do not have any details at this time since this is being put together so fast,so as I get more info I will post up. I know that this a favorite trail for us it would be great if we could have some sort of representation from the club. Thanks Dan

Squishy! 05-29-2014 06:48 AM

I have been as well. I have a bunch of pictures of an a$$hole who buried himself. Sent them to Sam.

Shotshell 05-29-2014 03:06 PM

I was hoping we could put something like this together.
Unfortunately, I'm leaving for Texas on Saturday. So I won't be able to help.

If there aren't enough people who can do it this Saturday, maybe it can be postponed a week or two, so we can all have more time to plan it out and get folks together to help.

I'd like to lend a hand at something like this, to preserve our trails.

aprosise 06-09-2014 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like a sign was put up.

While I was there, I found two hill climbs out of two campsites that had several trees chopped down from what looked like stuck trucks. These were not on trail and looked to be pretty beat up. Consensus?

MountainGoat 06-09-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprosise (Post 251685)
Looks like a sign was put up.

While I was there, I found two hill climbs out of two campsites that had several trees chopped down from what looked like stuck trucks. These were not on trail and looked to be pretty beat up. Consensus?

Those hillclimbs up from the campsites in the gulch are atv forged illegal routes. They appeared a couple of years ago and have been getting more and more travelled. I am surprised that the club that adopted the trail hasn't taken action to stop them. That club is Colorado GO-4's. Maybe we should let them know about the stuck trucks.

Squishy! 06-09-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainGoat (Post 251687)
Those hillclimbs up from the campsites in the gulch are atv forged illegal routes. They appeared a couple of years ago and have been getting more and more travelled. I am surprised that the club that adopted the trail hasn't taken action to stop them. That club is Colorado GO-4's. Maybe we should let them know about the stuck trucks.

I guess the Colorado GO-4's haven't been very active recently. At least that's what Sam said.