Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   yankee hill (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=266)

Magoo 09-29-2005 06:50 PM

yankee hill

we ran this trail in the snow this year,but for the life of me i cant remember exactly how to get there.and what is its real name,i tried 4x4trails.net but got no answers.wanna hunt the area.also without snow on it could a 2wd do most of the trail?it had snow on it when i did it,but it seemed pretty tame.
shawn

Uncle Ben 09-29-2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magoo
we ran this trail in the snow this year,but for the life of me i cant remember exactly how to get there.and what is its real name,i tried 4x4trails.net but got no answers.wanna hunt the area.also without snow on it could a 2wd do most of the trail?it had snow on it when i did it,but it seemed pretty tame.
shawn

Yankee Hill is the real name. Look at the map just to the east of St. Mary's which is the end of Fall River Road.

bh4rnnr 09-29-2005 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yankee Hill is realy not that hard to get to. From Centeral City, you go out of town to Colombine campground, there will be a road that goes left befor the campground. That will take you back into Yankee. Or you can go from Fall River Road. forgot the street name, but there will be a general store on the left as your turn right on the road(it's just after Alice). That will put you right at Yankee hill. A 2wd might be able to do most of it. There are many roads that go of the main road, lots of explorin to do. Is a fun area to spend a Sunday :) .

P.s, think I got this off Matt Farrs pics???

nakman 09-30-2005 08:46 AM

Great pic!! when I think of Scott Yoder that's the exact image that comes to mind.. in his Runner, in the snow, smiling about his Mt/R's.. :D

Hulk 09-30-2005 08:48 AM

Scott Yoder

...and eating some Elk Jerky. :D

JadeRunner 09-30-2005 09:29 AM

Just made a fresh batch of jerky also. Looks like I need a little more lift in the front from that picture. Were gonna have some good runs up ther this winter.

As for the directions. Getting to Yankee Hill from the Central City side is a bit complicated. You would be better off starting from Alice. Turn right in Alice and head up, the access from the upper end near the St Mary's lake is closed now. Once up on Yankee hill you could find your own way back into Central City.

Magoo 09-30-2005 03:56 PM

thanks fellas

Rzeppa 09-30-2005 04:13 PM

That's interesting Scott. I've never tried that way before, always went up from Central City. I never thought it was hard to find, although there are so many trails up there it's easy to end up somewhere you didn't think of. Last time we went up there we exited at Apex. I think this was Matt L., Bruce, Perry and I. Not sure how we ended up at Apex, but it was a convenient way to get back on the road.

nuclearlemon 09-30-2005 07:46 PM

shawn, when are you going?

Magoo 10-01-2005 02:32 AM

maybe second rifle deer season,oct 22-30th