Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Snow and Pizza Run was deep fun. (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=2790)

leiniesred 01-07-2007 08:32 PM

Snow and Pizza Run was deep fun.

5 Attachment(s)
Well that was a good time. Steve C. Thanks for pulling me out what...20 times? :) I think everyone pulled me out at least once. Treeroot: Thanks for breakin' trail in the deep stuff. Maybe we'll make if farther next time.

Thanks to all for the good times.
few pics before we went snow mining.

I think we're in trouble on the elephant ride trail breakin' trip. We're going to need something with tracks.

Hulk 01-07-2007 08:37 PM

Huge fun. Just got home. The snow was so deep there really wasn't much of a "run." Just getting stuck, over and over. Started drinking beer at Beau Jo's at 2:30 and didn't leave until 6:30 -- whoops! Forgot my camera this year -- if you took any pictures of me bein' stoopid -- and there was lots o' that -- please send them to me! Thanks to Scott Yoder for organizing another great Snow Run!

subzali 01-07-2007 08:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Windy and cold this morning, but then the wind calmed down to a beautiful bluebird day. Got about 150 yards up the road past the cemetary, then went farther up the paved road, then split into a "hardcore" group that blazed trail and a group that was more interested in beer and pizza at 1:00 in the afternoon :rolleyes: :D

Just kidding, it was lots of fun, but a little much for me on my 31s, but I still got around after someone broke trail. Good ol' 2F powa!

So here we go: I hope people don't get mad for posting too many pictures, but:
1 - Scott lined up to go down the road. Not much of a road at this point.
2 - Red Chili making first tracks.
3 - White runner following (don't know name?)
4 - Red Chili taking alternate line and getting stuck.
5 - Hulk and Treeroot.

***If anybody has any pictures of me feel free to send them to theonlysubzali@hotmail.com***

subzali 01-07-2007 08:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1 - this is far as we got. The fence on my right you can see in the pic of Red Chili stuck above.
2 - So Steve Crase (Crash) and Matt Miller with the Jeepster decided to bust drifts in the parking lot.
3 - Jeff with the 2F powered '71? FJ40, FR/RR discs on 35s decided to join in. Leinesreid joined in too, and the Jeepster broke his u-joint on his Dana 44. Typical :rolleyes:
4 - Lexusben playing with his '85 runner, which a lot of us had forgotten about or didn't know about :lmao:
5 - Treeroot blazing trail on the "hardcore" run. We got about 500-600 yards up that trail before turning around.

subzali 01-07-2007 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
1 - Crash and Treeroot deep in the forest
2 - Cold Ige?

It was a sweet run Scott, thanks for taking the lead again! And it's good that everyone knew we weren't going anywhere, so that helped in just enjoying the stuff we could access! :thumb:

Crash 01-07-2007 09:06 PM

It was cool to see probably more than half of the twenty or so rigs chained up! Folks without tire chains had fun but those with chains had even more fun, in my estimation. Rude Boy (Leiniesred) didn't have 'em. Your welcome, Estaban!! If the snow keeps coming on a weekly basis like it has been, we'll be able to have a snow run in May this year - after Cruise Moab!! :eek:
:cool:

Shark Bait 01-07-2007 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's Jeff Jackson, aka "Stonewall" in the red '71. Glad to see he made it. Looks like it was lot of fun! My 40 will be ready for next year's run. :D

JadeRunner 01-07-2007 09:37 PM

Tire chains sure dug down and helped on my rear. The snow was deep and nasty. We all found ourselves such often when the snow got over 4 ft. thick for over a "car length". Everyone was prepared and making the best of the conditions.

We managed to have fun playing around the parking lot and trying to go up the road a few hundred yards. Oddly and unrelated, a some kids on the main road by the parking lot got taken away by the sheriff for a dui and stuff.

At 12:30 we all clanked our chains up the main road and found what I thought was the by-pass to the York Gulch intersection. Not sure. I didn't feel comfortable taking the whole group down it, so a "hard-core" group gave it go for a while. Led by Treeroot and gunned by Crash I think. I took the rest down the loop to the CC Parkway. I knew of a side area on the way, that we turned into another playground for us. Especially good for some of the guys who had had a chance to play much. We then took off our chains and went for pizza about 2:30. The hard core group met us for pizza an hour later. Good times. Great group as usual.

treerootCO 01-07-2007 10:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Fun as always. I had a feeling that the tracks from the 1/1/07 run would be gone but I was still amazed that there wasn't even a hint someone had gone up there. Snow was a crust with sand underneath and once you broke through, that was about it. Thank you for leading Scott, thanks to everyone who came out, and thank you Rising Sun for the Pizza.

Pics uploaded here: http://www.root45.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=47777

Romer 01-08-2007 07:37 AM

Looks like fun, sorry I missed it but we were looking over a few properties for Rachel.