Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming Cruiser Club! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=398)

PabloCruise 11-01-2005 01:02 PM

Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming Cruiser Club!

Howdy,

I am exploring the idea of starting a Land Cruiser Club for those located in N. Colorado and S. Wyoming.

NOTE: The purpose of this announcement is not in any way an effort to recruit Rising Sun member to another club. This is being posted here on the chance that there are some who view the Rising Sun forums that might be interested in a club that would meet in the above mentioned geography.

As you may know, I am a member of the Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club of Colorado that meets in W. Denver. My location (Fort Collins) prevents me from getting to meetings regularly, and makes it difficult to drive my 40 to meetings. I have tried to get a few of my buddies from around here (1 in Ft Collins, 1 in Greeley) and they balked at spending 1 hour (or longer if we drive a Cruiser) on the road, 1 way, to go to a meeting. I have not made a RS run for location reasons as well.

I have received some positive signals on the forums of IH8MUD and decide to go forward with this idea for a club.

This club would serve to:
- Provide an organized group for Land Cruiser (and other Toyota 4x4) owners to join.
- Provide a mechanism for Land Cruiser (and other Toyota 4x4) owners to organize and execute trail runs in beautiful N. Colorado and S. Wyoming.
- Provide a means for club members to seek and provide technical assistance for their Cruisers.
- Promote a positive image of 4 wheel drive recreation on public lands.

I want to emphasize that I think there would be many opportunities for this yet-to-be named club to collaborate with Rising Sun for fun wheeling and non-wheeling events. I think that an organized effort to serve those who enjoy Toyota 4 Wheel Drive vehicles will ultimately benefit Rising Sun and the TLCA. I have talked to Matt Farr and Jeff Zepp about my efforts and have received their best wishes in this effort.

Woody has set up a forum in the Clubhouse Corner on IH8MUD for us.

If you are interested in this new club, please visit:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Thanks!
--
TJS
1978 FJ-40
TLCA #10713
Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club of Colorado
Fort Collins, CO

Uncle Ben 11-01-2005 02:09 PM

TJ,
You have my support and any help you need as well. I will continue to track down old buddies up there and tell them how to contact you. Good luck! I think if your willing to do the leg work you will get some interest! :)

El Flaco 11-01-2005 03:06 PM

Oh great. Im already indecisive as it is. Now you are going to make me choose b/t Denver and Ft. Collins? Actually Ill take both 'cause ya see, Im smack dab in the middle @ Firestone. This is perfect TJ. Just keep me posted and Ill join. In fact, Ft. Collins has one the greatest concentrations of decked out Yotas along the Front Range. Lots of heavily modified minis and Cruisers. I could see this really taking off.

Hulk 11-01-2005 04:08 PM

Best of luck, guys! You certainly have our support!

nuclearlemon 11-01-2005 07:29 PM

i think it's a great idea...

PabloCruise 11-01-2005 09:59 PM

Thank you all!

See you tomorrow!

Crash 11-02-2005 09:58 AM

Organizing a Club

TJ,
It just so happens there is an article giving tips on how to organize a club in the most recent UFWDA United's Voice newsletter, in case you haven't seen it. I will bring my copy of it to the meeting tonight.

FJBen 11-02-2005 11:14 AM

You know I'm all for helping you get this going....AS LONG AS...

I can be...the "third member" :D

Uncle Ben 11-02-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash
TJ,
It just so happens there is an article giving tips on how to organize a club in the most recent UFWDA United's Voice newsletter, in case you haven't seen it. I will bring my copy of it to the meeting tonight.

Jeff should also have a leaflet on starting clubs/Chapters. If he doesn't I'll scan and PDF it to ya. ;)

PabloCruise 11-02-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FJBen
You know I'm all for helping you get this going....AS LONG AS...

I can be...the "third member" :D

Heh heh - consider it done!