Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Anyone want to split shipping on stuff from Japan? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=421)

nakman 11-10-2005 09:24 PM

Anyone want to split shipping on stuff from Japan?
 
I'm thinking about getting a set of those OEM fog lights from Mot. http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.p...7&page=1&pp=30 He sells tons of other stuff that you can't get over here, as I'm sure most of you forum-savy types already know. Only catch is shipping is expensive, he quoted $30 for the slow boat, $60 air. Anyone want to go in on an order? Let me know..

PabloCruise 11-11-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakman
I'm thinking about getting a set of those OEM fog lights from Mot. http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.p...7&page=1&pp=30 He sells tons of other stuff that you can't get over here, as I'm sure most of you forum-savy types already know. Only catch is shipping is expensive, he quoted $30 for the slow boat, $60 air. Anyone want to go in on an order? Let me know..

How much on shipping for heavy stuff? (IE, H55...)

nakman 11-11-2005 10:24 AM

Lots.. in fact I've heard from several folks that there's no cost savings in doing that, compared to just buying from MAF or SOR or someone.. I'm not talking a container here, just a box with some little stuff in it, that will likely be $60-$80 shipping cost for air, which takes up to 2 weeks. But if you wanted clear tail lights, 80 series dash grab handles, rear recliner hinges, rear AC stuff...

60wag 11-11-2005 10:31 AM

So I guess the HJ-61 is out then?

PabloCruise 11-12-2005 11:45 AM

O-k,

How bad would it be for some 70 series front turn signals?

wesintl 11-12-2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PabloCruise
O-k,

How bad would it be for some 70 series front turn signals?

Probably not worth it when you can get them here reasonable. Anything from japan usually it's isn't worth it if you can get it here due to shipping.

http://www.liquidoffroad.com/turnsignalsLC.php

Shark Bait 11-12-2005 12:46 PM

I'd love to get some bling for my 80. Just can't spend the money right now.

Thanks anyway Wes!

PabloCruise 11-12-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesintl
Probably not worth it when you can get them here reasonable. Anything from japan usually it's isn't worth it if you can get it here due to shipping.

http://www.liquidoffroad.com/turnsignalsLC.php

Sounds like Liquid is a little iffy....

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=67100

wesintl 11-12-2005 01:33 PM

It all just means 70 signals should stay on a 70 ;)

FWIW I think new OEM toyota ~75 ea.

Stuff like tim mentions is worth it 80 recliners, etc.

timmbuck2 11-13-2005 12:38 PM

yeah...
 
I think I need some driving lights...driving home last night from Breck was pretty dark on I-70...I talked to Mot awhile ago, I will have to double check what he has in stock...

T


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.