Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ghost town run day one (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4349)

nuclearlemon 07-21-2007 09:32 PM

ghost town run day one

5 Attachment(s)
as usual, perry and nathaniel did a freakin' awesome job!!!!:bowdown: :cheers:

had a quick run up argentine to the mine, but nathanial took the wrong path and lead us up above the mine. nakman decided to try a challenging trail down to the mine, and quickly informed me that i'd be taking that trail also. :hill:

lots of big rocks, but that didn't bug me. i was a tad worried when i saw him doing a not so controlled sideways slide down some tailings:eek: after that, he got a bit caught up on some rocks, which i swear didn't look that big from where i was standing :D

while he was getting through that, i started working my way over there, while everyone else flipped around to go back to the correct path. the uncontrolled slide went well, and nathaniel spotted me over the big rocks that caught tim, so i wouldn't crush some columbine that were right on the side of the trail.

a bit farther up, tim came across a small vw sized boulder in the middle of the trail, but with some fanagling and a new scratch on his rear flare, he was through. not caring about scratching my rig, i was through before perry could even get his camera ready for pics. :hill:

from there, we headed to silver plume to catch the georgetown loop and the lebanon mine tour. now i can cross that off the list of things to do that i started fifteen years ago;)

train ride was cool, mine tour was cool, getting to climb all over the engine cause you know the engineer was really cool...thanks nathaniel!

after that, i had to head home since i have to deal with the raffle rig again tomorrow:( wish i coulda stayed around for day two.

can't wait for next year!!!!

nuclearlemon 07-21-2007 09:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
more pics. was an absolutely beautiful day!

nuclearlemon 07-21-2007 09:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
perry sporting the required mineshaft headwear:hill:

watching the smoke from the train as it heads to georgetown

not for those afraid of heights, or if you are, don't look down. the brown rail at the edge of the pictures is the timbers the tracks are on, than nothing to catch you if you fall. :eek:

nuclearlemon 07-21-2007 09:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
last pics

bigbluefj 07-22-2007 11:24 AM

that is way cool...

kevin

AxleIke 07-22-2007 04:25 PM

Awesome pictures!!!

Looks like a great run!

Groucho 07-23-2007 07:30 AM

Thanks!!!

A great big thank you to everyone who showed up and helped make the 3rd annual Ghost Town Run a success. Oficially, we had 12 rigs, but unoficially if you count those who made it up for one day or another, we had 14 or 15.

The potluck dinner was great, we had more food than we could eat. Everyone loved the train ride and mine tour, and Ige amongst all the other kids was really giddy about being able to get up into the locomotive cab and check out some "real iron".

Sure glad we took that wrong turn, otherwise there wouldn't have been any "hardcore" wheeling. Argentine looked clean, even though our sign post was bare already.

Saint's John and Wild Irishman were cool stops. We even had our token "wild Irishman" with us(even though he was driving a toureg) and he named the one cabin still with a roof the Pub. He told us he'd bring us a Guiness sign next time to put inside, we'll dress in period clothes and take a nice sepia photo to really capture the "old west".

Boreas Pass was quick, but we all had a good time wandering around. Perry and I will be attempting a write-up for Trails again.

So thanks, and a special thanks goes out to Kevin(sno bored) for all his help and :beer: !

P.S.--I think we also had a couple more converts to Ham Radio. Tim's CB went out, and I think it will be officially thrown out soon. Ironically, I think most of the converts from this weekend were ladies, so look out for the "ladies" ham class, directed primarily on good operating practice and passing the test.

JadeRunner 07-23-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 41307)
P.S.--I think we also had a couple more converts to Ham Radio. Tim's CB went out, and I think it will be officially thrown out soon. Ironically, I think most of the converts from this weekend were ladies, so look out for the "ladies" ham class, directed primarily on good operating practice and passing the test.

Isn't that like the situation where nobody in the department can upgrade to Project 2003 until the entire company migrates to Project 2003? Therefore, all the 2 way radio guys would have to keep a CB in their rig until everyone gets 2 way radios.

treerootCO 07-23-2007 08:44 AM

I am pretty sure Nakman passed me on hwy93 just North of Christo's yesterday....

Three Wheel Ben 07-23-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeRunner (Post 41313)
Isn't that like the situation where nobody in the department can upgrade to Project 2003 until the entire company migrates to Project 2003? Therefore, all the 2 way radio guys would have to keep a CB in their rig until everyone gets 2 way radios.

No it just makes your rig alot quieter when your cb isn't squealing all the time.