Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ouray Trip (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4698)

Shark Bait 09-01-2007 11:32 AM

Ouray Trip

Posting to you from the Telluride side of Black Bear pass. We must have at least 20 rigs. More later.

Convert 09-01-2007 05:35 PM

Cool Chris Cant wait for some "Live from Ouray" :beer:

Chris 09-03-2007 05:44 PM

Back from Ouray, too much fun!

Great group, great trails, it doesn't get much better than this weekend. :thumb:

More later!

:cheers:

Shark Bait 09-03-2007 07:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had a great time! Many thanks to Bruce and Barb for leading a fun weekend. :clap:
Black Bear, Imogene and Ophir.

Chris 09-03-2007 09:05 PM

Pics

A couple pics. Black Bear, Imogene, Poughkeepsie

:cheers:

nuclearlemon 09-03-2007 09:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
c & j, thanks for the gumbo, it was great. i did end up wheeling on saturday, i rode with my buddy mike on browns gulch and bullion king lake. it was absolutely beautiful! caught probably the most awesome sunset on the way home, and got in around 11:30 sat night.

creeper jeepers held the event and were excellent folks to run with. one woman was heavily involved in the railroad and big on railroad history in the area, another woman was a sheepfarmer and knew a lot about the area because of the heavy grazing that goes on, and the trailleaders husband worked for the las animas group that handles mine reclaimation, including handling two of the mines that we passed by. very informative.

ttubb 09-04-2007 07:04 AM

Thanks for the great time!

Just want to thank all of you for including us on the trip. This was the first time wheeling for my wife, Jo. She really enjoyed the ride, the views and the company of all of you.

As an aside, she noticed that we were scraping our trailer hitch on some rocks while "Beachboy" ahead of us was clearing the rocks. She suggested I get a Slee rear bumper to stop the scraping. YESSSSSSSSS! Terry

Hants 09-04-2007 07:36 AM

Big thanks to Bruce & Barb for heading up this trip! Our family had a great time. We're already talking about a trip back out to Ouray next year. :)

I'll post up pics once I dig out the camera.

Chris 09-04-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttubb (Post 45282)
She suggested I get a Slee rear bumper to stop the scraping. YESSSSSSSSS! Terry

Yep, that's always a great side benefit. Barb asked why Hulk could make it up the obstacle on Poughkeepsie so easily and we had to winch. I mentioned he had a front locker and she she said "Well, that's what we should get next."

:thumb:

Shark Bait 09-04-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red cruiser (Post 45294)
Yep, that's always a great side benefit. Barb asked why Hulk could make it up the obstacle on Poughkeepsie so easily and we had to winch. I mentioned he had a front locker and she she said "Well, that's what we should get next."

:thumb:

Yeah. I got a positive reaction to the suggestion of a Slee Short Bus front bumper for my 80. :D