Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Old Chinaman Gulch Snow Run 11/23/07 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5310)

JadeRunner 11-23-2007 08:01 PM

Old Chinaman Gulch Snow Run 11/23/07

It was slippery with 2-4 inches of snow on the ground, but we actually made the whole trail today and got off the trail at dark. There were 5 of us. Trip report, pictures and video to come later. Hope everyone made it back ok. It was a pretty slick and snowy drive home.

Nay 11-24-2007 08:21 AM

What a run :thumb:

I have what sounds like a moderately unhappy driveshaft, but outside of that seem to have come through unscathed. That combo of dry sand and powder snow turned everything into the consistency of soap until it finally snowed enough on the back half of the trail and we were pretty much just doing the slip 'n slide on down.

Absolutely beautiful day on the trail - OCG is a more difficult trail than I ever thought I'd run in the snow, but it doesn't have much in the way of roll spots so it's doable for a small, experienced, and winch laden group.

Thanks for putting it together, Scott. That was the most enjoyable run I've done in several years. We should make an OCG snow run an annual event :cool:

Can't believe I forgot my camera, dying to see the pics...

bskey 11-24-2007 08:57 AM

Can't wait to see the pics, and I wish I could have come. Next time..... Glad everyone got home safe and in one piece!

RockRunner 11-24-2007 01:58 PM

Made it home around 9:30 towing the Beast. Slick as all could be with my 4runner pushing my truck around.

Like all I too had a great time and will do it again in a flash. Just need to figure out a better way of transporting my rig.

Thanks again for doing this Scott, I really appreciate it.

PS is there anyway to get a copy of the video on a DVD from you? I can edit the footage at home or work but I don't have a way to import it from a VCR tape. If you upload the whole thing to a server I could download it, should not loose any quality I would think. Anyway let me know and we'll go from there, thanks.

Rezarf 11-24-2007 03:51 PM

No pics?

RockRunner 11-24-2007 04:09 PM

Check the trip report section, Ige posted a bunch

JadeRunner 11-24-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 51896)
Made it home around 9:30 towing the Beast. Slick as all could be with my 4runner pushing my truck around.

Like all I too had a great time and will do it again in a flash. Just need to figure out a better way of transporting my rig.

Thanks again for doing this Scott, I really appreciate it.

PS is there anyway to get a copy of the video on a DVD from you? I can edit the footage at home or work but I don't have a way to import it from a VCR tape. If you upload the whole thing to a server I could download it, should not loose any quality I would think. Anyway let me know and we'll go from there, thanks.

I'll see what I can do for you. One 20-30 minute video would several gig in size.

J Kimmel 11-24-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 51900)

is there another one?

nuclearlemon 11-24-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 51900)

the only pics i've posted so far are in the members only section since i'm using them for a tt writeup. i will have some in trip reports soon.

RockRunner 11-24-2007 08:59 PM

Sorry wrong section, got confused what section it was in