Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Volunteer post CM 2008! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5787)

Squishy! 01-13-2008 01:19 PM

Volunteer post CM 2008!

Yup. I’m putting the word out for CM08 volunteers. It's really not a scary thing, in fact just last year I gave a few hours of my down time on Wednesday morning, and immediately I saw the relief it helped create. But I don’t think everyone one realizes how the smallest contributions of time can make CM flow so much better. So here are a few Frequently Asked Questions (and answers.)

“What can I do? I don’t know the process!” – Doesn’t matter. These people will just point and shoot and you’ll know pretty quick.

“But I don’t know much about trucks…” - That’s ok, here’s a bag, just put one of each of these papers in it -or- That guy needs an XL (kids love this stuff, and last year a little five year old could stuff those things faster than I could.)

“It’s so boring!” – Sure beats being home on the couch NOT at Cruise Moab!

“It looks like they’ve got everything under control.” – Yup, ‘bout as under control as rioting bears.

Ya I know I’m a smart-ass, but seriously volunteers are a sorely needed resource that all of the CM staff utilize every day of the event. Little things ranging from helping with Tech Inspection to stuffing hand-out bags at Registration, to pitching canopies help make our lives easier. I know that after helping last year it wasn’t any sweat off of my back to donate a little effort to the people, who together, keep the one event I look foreword to every single year going. My donation of time was nothing compared to the amount of time they spend making this event happen and I will gladly donate my time if it means Cruise Moab happens next year.

Click (or copy/paste) this link for the volunteer form.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/crui...unteerForm.pdf

We all appreciate any and all time you donate to Rising Sun 4x4 in any event. Thanks to anyone who has ever donated time and to anyone who has regularly been a part of what we do. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or any of the Cruise Moab Committee Members. My e-mail is yamahafreak250@yahoo.com.

Thanks again!

Justin

farnhamstj 01-21-2008 09:16 PM

I'm willing and able. What do I do with that file? print it and bring to Moab? Do I commit to a time slot and position before that time? I helped with tech for a little one morning and it was cool meeting people, checking out loose steering parts, and making people buy fire extinguishers.

DaveInDenver 02-16-2008 12:32 PM

There is a chance I'll be able to come out to Moab for the weekend (like leaving Denver Friday sometime and coming home Sunday). Would I be of any use volunteer-wise? Don't have a camp spot reserved or anything, so it's tentative at this point.

Corbet 03-19-2008 10:28 AM

I'm willing to help out where ever I can. Wednesday check ins/inspections and/or help with the dinner.

Just let me know.

rocktoy85 04-02-2008 11:52 PM

I've mentioned it numerous times, but again, count me in.

Romer 04-03-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocktoy85 (Post 68734)
I've mentioned it numerous times, but again, count me in.

Thanks,
we will add you to the list:thumb:

Red_Chili 04-03-2008 09:05 AM

Leading two runs, happy to help in tech if needed.

RockRunner 04-03-2008 09:06 AM

Justin,

I will be able to help out on Wednesday for a while. Not sure what time I am getting in but as of now it looks like I am on my own. I will let you know if anything changes. I am gunning two runs on Thursday and Friday so those days are most likely out for help. I should be able to relief somebody on the tech side.

Jacket 04-03-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squishy! (Post 57757)

“What can I do? I don’t know the process!” – Doesn’t matter. These people will just point and shoot and you’ll know pretty quick.

Yup - that's me. The form never made it around to me last night, but I would like to help where I can. My current plan was to leave Denver Wed afternoon and arrive at Slickrock in the evening, but since I now know my wife will be meeting me there later in the week, it might be possible to show up on Wednesday if tons of help is needed.

So all that being said - What can I do? I don't know the process!"

Red_Chili 04-03-2008 09:52 AM

Show up with a smile and a good 'tude, and Squishy will point and shoot.