Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Land Use (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Land Use Committees (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=6263)

Red_Chili 02-25-2008 12:47 PM

Land Use Committees

The following are the Land Use Committees, a means of delegating responsibility and workload, and keeping the focus on a particular set of 4x4 routes. I miss things too easily, these folks will keep me accountable! :hill:

By no means does this indicate that you can't be part of the action with these routes! If you would like to assist, contact me or the Trail Boss of the routes you are interested in.

Roosevelt NF
Boulder Ranger District
Jenny Creek/Rollins Pass Area

Trail Boss: Marco Capote (rover67)
Committee Members: Kevin Ehrlick (Uncle Ben), Terry Holben (Arthog), Robbie Antonson (Powderpig), Timm Buchanan (Timmbuck2), John Clary (80lolux4x4) - ed. 6/1/11

Arapaho NF
Clear Creek Ranger District
Argentine Pass/Waldorf/Leavenworth Creek Area

Trail Boss: Matt Miller (Subzali)
Committee Members: Perry Loughridge (bh4rnnr), Jeff Zettl (corsair23), Martin Huber (MDH33) - ed. 6/1/11

San Isabel NF
Salida Ranger District
Iron Chest, Pomeroy Lake, Mt. Antero

Trail Boss: Bill Morgan (Red_Chili)
Committee Members: Matt Farr (Hulk), Isaac Vimont (AxleIke), Dan Reinmuth (Convert), Steve Crase (Crash) - ed. 6/1/11

The Trail Boss is responsible for maintaining communications for the road in question, and for delegating work to committee members, and coordinating the volunteer efforts for the trail. Included is attendance for any USFS / (future: BLM) meetings related to the trail, as needed. It is his/her baby.

The Trail Boss is also expected to communicate timely information regarding the route for which he or she has taken responsibility. The Trail Boss should be the point person for this information, and will post information here in this forum.

Of course, if the USFS wants to send me stuff, I will forward the info on, and post it. I will coordinate the agreements with the USFS and BLM for Adopt-A-Road.

This structure should enable us to take on more adopt-a-road responsibilities without getting overwhelmed, or overwhelming the club. I can envision each committee simply scheduling their time as needed for an area, publicizing it to the club for others' interest, and doing the occasional fun, big-impact project. It will be like being three (or more!) clubs in one, in terms of impact.

Thanks all!

bh4rnnr 02-25-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Chili (Post 63742)
The following are the Land Use Committees, a means of delegating responsibility and workload, and keeping the focus on a particular set of 4x4 routes. I miss things too easily, these folks will keep me accountable! :hill:

By no means does this indicate that you can't be part of the action with these routes! If you would like to assist, contact me or the Trail Boss of the routes you are interested in.

Jenny Creek / Boulder Ranger District, Arapaho-Roosevelt NF
Trail Boss: Timm Buchanan (Timmbuck2)
Committee Members: Kevin Ehrlick (Uncle Ben), Terry Holben (Arthog)

Argentine Pass Area / Clear Creek Ranger District, Arapaho-Roosevelt NF
Trail Boss: Matt Miller (Subzali)
Committee Members: Perry Loughridge (bh4rnnr), Jeff Zettl (corsair23)

Iron Chest, Pomeroy Lake, Mt. Antero / Salida Ranger District, Pike-San Isabel NF
Trail Boss: Bill Morgan (Red_Chili)
Committee Members: Matt Farr (Hulk), Isaac Vimont (AxleIke), Mike Worth (Tch2fly), Dan Reinmuth (Convert), Steve Crase (Crash)

The Trail Boss is responsible for maintaining communications for the road in question, and for delegating work to committee members, and coordinating the volunteer efforts for the trail. Included is attendance for any USFS / (future: BLM) meetings related to the trail, as needed. It is his/her baby.

The Trail Boss is also expected to communicate timely information regarding the route for which he or she has taken responsibility. The Trail Boss should be the point person for this information, and will post information here in this forum.

Of course, if the USFS wants to send me stuff, I will forward the info on, and post it. I will coordinate the agreements with the USFS and BLM for Adopt-A-Road.

This structure should enable us to take on more adopt-a-road responsibilities without getting overwhelmed, or overwhelming the club. I can envision each committee simply scheduling their time as needed for an area, publicizing it to the club for others' interest, and doing the occasional fun, big-impact project. It will be like being three (or more!) clubs in one, in terms of impact.

Thanks all!

Thanks for doing this Bill!! It's exciting to see the club so active!:beer:

Red_Chili 05-29-2008 02:06 PM

Added Robbie to the Jenny Creek team!

Uncle Ben 01-21-2013 10:44 AM

Can anyone go to the BRD meeting this Thursday eve? I cannot.

Here is the agenda...

Next meeting, Thursday January 24th at 5:00pm.
Boulder Ranger District Office, 2140 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder
303-541-2500.

Agenda:
1) Schedule next meeting - All

2) Grants
Jenny Creek Re-Route (Bev) - Build new road above Jenny Creek that will
bypass private property.

3) Adopt-A-Road Projects / Volunteer Projects
Spring Gulch/Bell Gulch (Colleen/Naomi) - Sign monitoring.

Gillespie Gulch (Adam) - Open?

Caribou FR505 (Stan) -

Kingston Peak FR353 (Stan) -

Jenny Creek FR502.3 (Marco) -

Lefthand Canyon OHV FR286 (Adam) - Upper 5-Points user route/hill climb
post and rail closure.

Middle St. Vrain FR114, Coney Creek FR507 (Adam) - Road review and
seasonal opening June 15, 9am. Middle St. Vrain parking lot.

Coney Creek FR507 (Adam) - Water crossing bridges for ATV/Motorcycle.

Miller Rock FR252 (Adam) - Review.

Park Creek FR203 T33 crash site interpretive sign (Dave) -

4) Motorized Trail Projects
Lefthand Canyon -

5) New plans
Lefthand Plan (Cat) - Status.
Ice Spider FR??? Fireman's Ladder FR??? (Cat) - winch anchors.
Motorcycle Ub-c Open (Dave) - Route number, name.
Post and Cable decision for district (Cat) - Decision?
Status on Allenspark shooting closure (Cat) - Decision?

Any new issues or concerns to work on, or Forest Service projects
related to Boulder Ranger District motorized recreation. - All

Bark Beetle Training (Cat) - New required training video for all
volunteers on National Forest projects.
http://www.wlrv.org/community/leader-resources.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fz_MY4QjqY

Forest Service projects list are online at
http://www.fs.fed.us/sopa/state-level.php?co
Scroll down to find the forest your interested in.
---------------------------------------------
On Hold till 2014:
Castle Gulch volume/route control - projects with land owners.

timmbuck2 01-21-2013 10:52 AM

I can actually go this week! I will be there....and UB I could drop off your calendar and your 80 springs, too. :)

Uncle Ben 01-21-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmbuck2 (Post 225205)
I can actually go this week! I will be there....and UB I could drop off your calendar and your 80 springs, too. :)

I wont be home....thus the reason
i cant go...

rover67 01-21-2013 12:50 PM

Thanks for posting up UB!

I can't make it either, I won't be in town.

It'd be nice for somebody to go so we can get a feel for what the planned progress for jc will be this summer.

JadeRunner 01-21-2013 04:15 PM

Thanks for going Timm. :)
Please post an update for on how the meeting went.

timmbuck2 01-24-2013 02:14 PM

Marco, any updates on Jenny Creek they need to know about?

rover67 01-24-2013 02:44 PM

no nothing really. Last time we were out there we were with Maribeth, so she knows what we have been up to. If you can make it, ask them what they are budgeting to have done this year. I'm curious what their plans are.