Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Chili Challenge 2008 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=6267)

J Kimmel 02-25-2008 06:23 PM

Chili Challenge 2008

5 Attachment(s)
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I went to Las Cruces last week for the Chili Challenge, put on by the LC4WDC. Great event, met lots of really cool people and the wheeling is top notch! Lots of big climbs, big ledges, great for trucks with more WB. At 110" I only had to winch one fall, and thats mostly cause my carb sputtered. I'm still shocked at how many angles I can run it at...one day I'll switch over:)

Anyhow, 650 miles each way is definately a once a year only trip but its worth it. One big rollover by the blue buggy, couple sensors and some cleanup and it was back and running the next day. My little toy did great, dented up the drivers side door a bit, but it still works and the glass is good.

We ran Habanero Falls on day one, and Patzcuaro's Revenge on day two, and then Tabasco Twister twice on Friday and Saturday(very fun run:))

J Kimmel 02-25-2008 06:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
couple more shots...and the spare stopped me from going over on my lid:)

I think we're sure to go next year :D

corsair23 02-25-2008 06:32 PM

Holy Shiznit :eek:

That looks like it would be a lot of fun...in your rig :D

farnhamstj 02-25-2008 06:55 PM

I'm not sure we're even playing the same sport. Like you got a Harley and I'm on a pedal bike. Looks like fun.

J Kimmel 02-25-2008 07:45 PM

naw there were lots of stockish rigs there. One guy in the hotel room next to me had a TJ on 33's and was having a blast on the moderate trails :)

I like to pedal too as long as its fun:)

also pic number 5 on the first post is Roy, he has a Toy pickup with dual cases and toy axles, and 35's...he walked that line :D

you don't need big tires to have FUN!

rover67 02-25-2008 10:34 PM

looks like it was a blast man, great pictures.

so no EFI head yet? let me know when it's turbo time :)

J Kimmel 02-25-2008 11:08 PM

lazy lazy lazy thats all, plus it works surprisingly well, though once I convert, I know I'll wonder what took so long

AxleIke 02-25-2008 11:08 PM

OH AWESOME!!!!

I've wanted to go down there for so long now. The "moderate" trails are reputed to be some of the best and most challenging around for us "full body and somewhat stockish suspension" guys.

Sweet photos!!! Are those the rockstomper DIY locks?

J Kimmel 02-26-2008 07:42 AM

there are tons of trails there, all skill levels. With good driving, lockers and 35's will get you through the more difficult trails...I say "good driving" because though that is the minimum for the trail, there were several inexperienced folks in Rubicons with 35's and not much real driving experience:) it made for some long fun days :)

those are 17" MRW locks :)

Here's wishing I could go to CM this year :shaking:

not to be though so this was my trip

Red_Chili 02-26-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Kimmel (Post 63788)
you do need big money (or low body expectations) to have FUN!

Fixed it fer ya!:lmao:

Looks fun. In your rig. :p: