Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Ham & CB Radio Corner (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Thanks for the HAM radio class!! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=6275)

corsair23 02-26-2008 01:28 AM

Thanks for the HAM radio class!!

Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone involved and that volunteered to put on the class. And of course to Stevinson for letting us use their facilities!

Special thanks to Nathaniel, Bruce and Barbara Miller, Brian, Dave, and Wes :thumb:

subzali 02-26-2008 07:36 AM

Agreed. Wouldn't have had incentive to buy the book, study, and go for the test if it hadn't been for this class. Thanks a ton everybody!

Red_Chili 02-26-2008 07:44 AM

Thanks for gettin' me off the dime!

Mendocino 02-26-2008 08:24 AM

I really appreciate the time everyone took to put this on as well as participate. I have wanted to do this for years. I am now a little concerned that I will have an additional expensive, but intellectually stimulating hobby.

Now, along with Red Chilli, I have to past the test, get the radio, install the thing and start using it...

As always, I remain a nihilistic technofetishist:rolleyes:

nakman 02-26-2008 08:35 AM

Well done, Nathaniel, thank you again for all your efforts here. I heard last night on 145 that there were 25-30 people in attendence? Wow, at this rate CB's are quickly going to become the minority on the trail.

Anyway, I'm sure WODW Sr. is very proud of you. :bowdown:

Uncle Ben 02-26-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakman (Post 63873)
Well done, Nathaniel, thank you again for all your efforts here. I heard last night on 145 that there were 25-30 people in attendence? Wow, at this rate CB's are quickly going to become the minority on the trail.

Anyway, I'm sure WODW Sr. is very proud of you. :bowdown:

Silly boy! CB's will ALWAYS be majority of every trail! Informal communication will still be the norm! Now talking to base camp or even from front to back on a spread out group is a different story!

Rogue Leader 02-27-2008 02:09 PM

Good show old chap. now we need to study some more to pass the test.

Tramontana 02-27-2008 05:20 PM

Thanks to everyone from Rising Sun...

...the class was very informative and enjoyable. Many MANY thanks to everyone who worked to put this on, and to Stevenson who allowed us the use of there facility.

Cheers.

JohnInDenver 02-27-2008 09:09 PM

Class helped a lot and I passed! THANKS!!!

Took the tests last Wednesday. Got a call sign today. Will use it for the first time at Desert Safari, Ocotillo Wells, with Tierra Del Sol.

JohnInDenver - sometimes
KD0DCU

Uncle Ben 02-28-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnInDenver (Post 64141)
Class helped a lot and I passed! THANKS!!!

Took the tests last Wednesday. Got a call sign today. Will use it for the first time at Desert Safari, Ocotillo Wells, with Tierra Del Sol.

JohnInDenver - sometimes
KD0DCU

WOW! 1 week? That's gotta be a record! :eek: Congradulations BTW!