Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Rubithon 2008 planning (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Change of Plans!! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=6842)

Three Wheel Ben 04-16-2008 08:08 PM

Change of Plans!!

Well I just found out on Monday that the meeting I had to go to instead of the Rubithon was cancelled. :woot::woot:

But with CM so close and plans made I don't necessarily want take a bunch of time off to drive to the Rubicon and back. (Although a road trip would be fun) I was thinking about flying into Reno Tuesday and back out on Sunday evening.

I'm trying to work out some logistics from airport to Georgetown and back on Sunday.

My two questions:

1. Anybody have an extra seat they'd be willing to share? (I have bribes, ie arb fridge, pett toilet, hell I'd probably even change your broken birf while you watched and had a :beer::D)
2. Would anyone be willing to p/u and drop me off in Reno?

Would love to go on this.

Let me know what you think.

Romer 04-16-2008 08:19 PM

Does it matter if it's the backseat?

We could figure out how to get you to and from Reno. You could ride along with us, but Rachel gets the passenger seat so you would have to ride in the 2nd row (Sounds better than back). Hopefully someone else has a front seat open for you or you could push treeroot to go :D

Those of us going would find a way to have you come along.

DaveInDenver 04-16-2008 09:46 PM

There is a small detachment tasked with Reno International duty on Tuesday afternoon/evening to pick up Bruce. He's riding the Rubicon with Nakman and I was planning on spending the afternoon hanging around with Tim while we waited for his flight. Don't have an extra seat to offer on the trail, though. :-(

Romer 04-16-2008 09:49 PM

So that means you should book what Bruce has (hint hint)

DaveInDenver 04-16-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 70649)
So that means you should book what Bruce has (hint hint)

If memory serves, his flight gets into Reno around 1930.

Uncle Ben 04-16-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveInDenver (Post 70648)
There is a small detachment tasked with Reno International duty on Tuesday afternoon/evening to pick up Bruce. He's riding the Rubicon with Nakman and I was planning on spending the afternoon hanging around with Tim while we waited for his flight. Don't have an extra seat to offer on the trail, though. :-(

My surprise passenger is Henry Brimmer and if he comes he will also most likely be flying in and out of Reno, so it sounds like quite the airport party is a foot!

Shark Bait 04-16-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEXUSBEN (Post 70631)
My two questions:

1. Anybody have an extra seat they'd be willing to share? (I have bribes, ie arb fridge, pett toilet, hell I'd probably even change your broken birf while you watched and had a :beer::D)
2. Would anyone be willing to p/u and drop me off in Reno?

Would love to go on this.

Let me know what you think.

I told Bill he'd have a seat in my 40 if he wanted it. If he doesn't want it, you're welcome to it. A toilet would be nice. I'll be at Robb's Tuesday with the group and could be part of a shuttle service. I'm going to be trying to boogie out of there right away on Sunday and would be happy to drop you by the airport on the way out. As of this moment I'm planning on flat towing my 40 with my 80, so I'll have plenty of room.

wesintl 04-16-2008 11:26 PM

I i have an open seat. I'm sure you'll have your pick...

RockRunner 04-17-2008 12:38 AM

Since my wife is riding shotgun you can share the rear platform with out Golden's:p: Aw shucks looks like you already have a few woofers.......I mean offers ;) Hopefully you can make the trip.

60wag 04-17-2008 06:48 AM

My travel plans are arriving in Reno at 7p on Ted #1467 on Tuesday and leaving on Sunday at 2:44p Ted 1638. The Sunday flight is earlier than I wanted but they already cancelled a flight on me and forced the change.

Bruce