Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dead from Grand Junction (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7014)

Chris 05-04-2008 05:04 PM

Dead from Grand Junction

Moab was a blast as always. The trip home not so much.

Mile marker 30+ now has a stripe. Not sure what blew, looks like the front pinion seal but since I was in 2WD it doesn't make sense. Maybe Steel Bender lived up to it's name?

AAA towed it to Safari LTD, wheeled with a Safari guy and had his card in my pocket, oh well a day of rest in the Hampden Inn isn't all bad.

Mendocino 05-04-2008 05:10 PM

Ouch!!:eek:

Good luck with the repair and enjoy the rest:thumb:

wesintl 05-04-2008 05:31 PM

bummer chris. on a good note it's going to safari, I'm sure hugh will get you on your way. If There is anything we can do from home let us know.

Chris 05-04-2008 06:58 PM

Thanks guys, I'm confident Safari will help me just fine, just wish I knew what happened. Cool how many people stopped in the 35 minutes I was there. 6 people in 3 rigs I did runs with, 2 total strangers, 1 old friend.

Not cool how many FJC's flew by looking the other way.

Romer 05-04-2008 08:14 PM

What time did this happen Chris?, a few of us went by Grand Junction about noon and didn't see you.

Hugh will take care of you.

Let us know if you need anything

Chris 05-04-2008 08:39 PM

We were about an hour behind you Ken. It's all good, we made sure our AAA was current before leaving. Never needed it before.

Barb convinced me a week was enough in Moab so we headed home. Women's intuition? :p:

ScaldedDog 05-04-2008 09:10 PM

I must have passed you just before that happened. (Silver 4Runner behind a black Excursion). We were leapfrogging on the hills, then you weren't there anymore...

Sounds like you're being well taken care of, though.

Mark

Rezarf 05-04-2008 09:10 PM

Bummer Bro, let us know if you need rescuing okay? I hope it is an easy (read inexpensive) fix... :thumb:

...btw, when did you stop being "redcruiser?"

Chris 05-04-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaldedDog (Post 72640)
I must have passed you just before that happened. (Silver 4Runner behind a black Excursion). We were leapfrogging on the hills, then you weren't there anymore...

Sounds like you're being well taken care of, though.

Mark

Yep, I could catch up on the downhill only to fade back going uphill, true 62 performance. :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rezarf (Post 72641)
Bummer Bro, let us know if you need rescuing okay? I hope it is an easy (read inexpensive) fix... :thumb:

...btw, when did you stop being "redcruiser?"

Not as easy as a leaf spring center bolt on the trail Drew. ;)

(Red Cruiser ended pretty much when I sold FJ62.com to Woody/Mud and picked up my 55 and got involved with Front Range 4x4.)

Thanks guys, hoping it's not a big deal but :dunno:

SROR/AKA 2BAD 05-04-2008 10:38 PM

should of taken the 55 ;)

hope all is well.