Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Rubithon 2008 planning (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Leaving Monday (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7260)

Romer 05-31-2008 10:47 PM

Leaving Monday
 
Rachel and I are leaving Monday and happy to meet up with who ever else is. Since we are going I-80, we talked about Johnsons Corner. Lets pick a time and a place for Monday departure

Hulk 06-02-2008 01:25 PM

We're planning to take US 40 from I-70 to Salt Lake City. Here's a quick map of what I'm talking about. I have always wanted to do this route, and I think it will be far more scenic and interesting than seeing brown, windy Wyoming.

Romer 06-02-2008 02:13 PM

I'll go which ever route. The talk atthe non planning meeting Friday was the I-80 route.

I just need to know where and what time to meet.

Hulk 06-02-2008 02:27 PM

Jeff and I are getting together for some planning later this week. Stay tuned.

Ken, do you think we'll be able to keep up with you and your supercharger?

Shark Bait 06-02-2008 02:46 PM

Depending on my out of town work schedule next week, we may be leaving Monday, too. I'll let you guys know.

Chris

mtncrsr 06-02-2008 02:51 PM

Sherie, the girls and I plan on leaving Monday morning. Either I-70 or I-80 can work for us we just need to know which way you are thinking of going.

Loren

waggoner5 06-02-2008 04:43 PM

How does I80 compare with I70 as far as mountain passes and quality of hwy?

Romer 06-02-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 75804)
Jeff and I are getting together for some planning later this week. Stay tuned.

Ken, do you think we'll be able to keep up with you and your supercharger?


Sounds good.

I'm more interested in making this a group thing then getting there faster. That's the reason I am going:thumb:

Shark Bait 06-02-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waggoner5 (Post 75824)
How does I80 compare with I70 as far as mountain passes and quality of hwy?

I-80 through Wyoming is up-hill, into the wind either direction and generally very boring. Once you hit Park City, UT it's not so bad. Consider taking I-70 and pick a route that gets you up to US-40 which will take you up to I-80 at Park City. I personally like I-70 to Rifle and then through Meeker and Rangely to Dinosaur to pick up US-40.

Uncle Ben 06-02-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Bait (Post 75831)
I-80 through Wyoming is up-hill, into the wind either direction and generally very boring. Once you hit Park City, UT it's not so bad. Consider taking I-70 and pick a route that gets you up to US-40 which will take you up to I-80 at Park City. I personally like I-70 to Rifle and then through Meeker and Rangely to Dinosaur to pick up US-40.

US 40 to SLC takes 14 hours....I-80 to SLC takes right around 10hrs. I have done both several times. I'm into getting to Kalifruity more than sightseeing. I'll sightsee on a family trip another day!
I-70 has you crossing Floyd Hill, prior to turning on I-40 or add Eisenhower and Vail Passes to turn at Rifle Then you climb up over Triangle Park.
I-40 has you crossing Berthoud, Muddy, Rabbit Ears and Strawberry passes.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.