Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Rubithon 2008 planning (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Officially out for back surgery (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7284)

RockRunner 06-03-2008 10:53 PM

Officially out for back surgery

Well, met with the surgeon today and set a date for the surgery, Friday June 13th. The day after we were supposed to leave for the Rubithon :( Sharon and I are bummed beyond believe but know it is the best thing for all involved.

If we would have gone I do not think I would have been able to carry my own weight on the trail, no pun intended. Leaving all the work for either Sharon or all of you is not something I would have been comfortable with doing. I would not want to slow everybody down if I could not drive and or work on the trail. Not to mention if something were to further happen to my back, getting out could have been pretty interesting.

I gave our cabin up to Jeff Z. and his three cohorts, enjoy guys, and Toni has agreed to give me a refund so we are pretty close to square. I am sure you guys will all have a great time and can't wait to see the pictures.

Hopefully my rehab will be swift and we will be able to enjoy the wheeling in the fall. Maybe next year the Rubithon will be back in the picture...........

corsair23 06-04-2008 12:19 AM

Hang in there Tom :thumb:

Get well and keep us posted on how the back surgery goes!!

RockRunner 06-04-2008 07:47 AM

Will do, thanks for the well wishes.

treerootCO 06-04-2008 08:14 AM

Friday the 13th...too funny.

I wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Convert 06-04-2008 08:17 AM

Good luck Tom
Hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery :thumb:

Hulk 06-04-2008 09:44 AM

Hope this solves your back problems, so we can see you back on the trail soon. I know it was a hard decision, but you're obviously doing the right thing by taking care of yourself.

nakman 06-04-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 76041)
Hope this solves your back problems, so we can see you back on the trail soon. I know it was a hard decision, but you're obviously doing the right thing by taking care of yourself.

same here, get well soon! we'll be thinking of ya while out on the 'Con. :beer2:

Crash 06-04-2008 10:06 AM

Tom,
When told, back in '94, that back surgery was required to repair what ailed me, I asked to have it performed as soon as possible. Friday, May 13, was the surgeon's first open slot and I took it without having to think for a split second. I genuinely hope that your surgery is as successful as mine was and that your life is essentially pain free afterwards. Rehab is your contribution to that end so do what the physical therapists tell you to do and good luck!!
Steve

Red_Chili 06-04-2008 10:11 AM

Mrs. Chili also had back surgery despite her reservations, and she is sooooo much better today because of it. She would have been in a wheelchair by now without it.

You are in our prayers, Tom! :thumb:

RockRunner 06-04-2008 10:52 AM

Thanks all, we did have a little snicker when we realized the date.

The surgery should relieve my nerve pain/blockage but will not relieve all of my back pain since my back is worn out a bit, OK a lot. I am anxious to get this over with and the waiting now is starting to get to me. To much time to think about everything that can happen.

I appreciate all the good thoughts, I am sure they will help me in surgery and recovery. Being able to work and sleep without pain will be a new experience for me :D