Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Rubithon 2008 planning (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sunday after Rubithon in Tahoe (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7295)

DaveInDenver 06-04-2008 12:20 PM

Sunday after Rubithon in Tahoe
 
Kirsten just made reservations at a place in Tahoe for Sunday 6/22.

http://www.tahoelakecottages.com/

Not cheap ($150), but for one night during summer tourist season in Tahoe that's pretty much the going rate (we're spending a bit of time at Tahoe, I've never been there). She talked to a fella named Mike who asked if anyone else was interested. Not sure if there's a referral discount or something. This place is in Tahoma, right on Lake Tahoe and is pretty much right next to the Rubicon trailhead, maybe 1/4 of a mile away.

Convert 06-11-2008 12:41 PM

Booked a cottage there as well it will be nice to relax after the trail and restock for the ride back :thumb:

DaveInDenver 06-11-2008 12:46 PM

Yeah, looks like a really kicked back place. Probably some families and stuff. I'm really looking forward to this return part of the trip, Dan!

Romer 06-11-2008 12:51 PM

Sounds nice

We will be driving back as quickly as we can to Denver as soon as we exit the trail.

nakman 06-11-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 76795)
Sounds nice

We will be driving back as quickly as we can to Denver as soon as we exit the trail.

Yup, same here, sadly.

Hulk 06-11-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakman (Post 76797)
Yup, same here, sadly.

X3.

Wish I had time to wander with you guys. Sounds like an excellent return journey.

Uncle Ben 06-11-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 76799)
X3.

Wish I had time to wander with you guys. Sounds like an excellent return journey.

X4 Gotta get my butt back home ASAP

corsair23 06-11-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 76799)
X3.

Wish I had time to wander with you guys. Sounds like an excellent return journey.


Speaking of which...I was looking into distances last night from Tahoe towards home. Anyone given much thought to how far we (I am assuming we will caravan home :confused:) are planning to go on Sunday? I don't know what time we will realistically get off the trail and actually on the road so is making it as far as Salt Lake City reasonable? Farther? Or do we just play it by ear and drive till exhausted and try to find a hotel then...

Hulk 06-11-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 76805)
So is making it as far as Salt Lake City reasonable? Farther? Or do we just play it by ear and drive till exhausted and try to find a hotel then...

That's what I was hoping for. Go as far as possible, crash where ever we end up. Hotel room or tent, depending on where that is.

Uncle Ben 06-11-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 76805)
Speaking of which...I was looking into distances last night from Tahoe towards home. Anyone given much thought to how far we (I am assuming we will caravan home :confused:) are planning to go on Sunday? I don't know what time we will realistically get off the trail and actually on the road so is making it as far as Salt Lake City reasonable? Farther? Or do we just play it by ear and drive till exhausted and try to find a hotel then...

Thats my plan....hard to guesstimate as we have no idea of when we will actually be starting the return trek. If we can make Wendover by nightfall we know what to expect Monday. If we hit Wendover early in the day might as well push for Little America or?????


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.