Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Snorkel Installed...I'm catching up! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7820)

ttubb 08-03-2008 10:56 AM

Snorkel Installed...I'm catching up!
 
5 Attachment(s)
I installed a Safari Snorkel kit yesterday. What a difference in the IAT (inlet air temp) on the Scangage! IAT temp drops in the 30 degree range and the engine runs cooler. Great addition even if you don't intend to use it for water crossings.

Also dumped the street tires and installed BFG 285/75-R16 which added one inch of clearance. Thanks to Farnham, Jethro and others for the tire discussions on the GTR. :thumb: TT

Romer 08-03-2008 11:45 AM

Nice.

I remember drilling that big hole and checking 3 times to make sure I had follwed instructions correctly

ttubb 08-03-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 81823)
Nice.

I remember drilling that big hole and checking 3 times to make sure I had follwed instructions correctly

Yeah, my hair was jet black before I started drilling........;)

Rock Dog 08-04-2008 01:28 AM

looks Good,
Another Red 80 with a black snorkel, gotta love it :thumb:

You will now get the continual questions and stares that come along with it. Romer told me about them before i bought my snorkeled 80, but i never realized it would get that much attention...

rover67 08-04-2008 09:11 AM

Man, looks nice. I am tempted to so the same thing. A few days ago I had the computer hooked up to the truck doing some tuning and realized that the IAT was close to 150 degrees F at a stop. Driving it never got below 125. Nutty.

My filter on a stick has to go.

Ron Helmuth 08-05-2008 09:26 AM

looks good

that takes some cajones to drill into your own ride.

corsair23 08-05-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth (Post 82063)
looks good

that takes some cajones to drill into your own ride.


x2

I don't think I could ever do it :eek: - I'll have to bribe Romer or Farr with :beer: to come over and do mine if I ever get around to installing one :hill:

Romer 08-05-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 82087)
x2

I don't think I could ever do it :eek: - I'll have to bribe Romer or Farr with :beer: to come over and do mine if I ever get around to installing one :hill:


Sure, I'll drink your beer and then drill a big hole in your truck:D

Hulk 08-05-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 82099)
Sure, I'll drink your beer and then drill a big hole in your truck:D

I'll drink your beer and heckle Romer as he drills a big hole in your truck. :thumb:

Uncle Ben 08-05-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 82107)
I'll drink your beer and heckle Romer as he drills a big hole in your truck. :thumb:

I'm in! :thumb::thumb: :boozer::weld: :eek:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.