Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rally (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7871)

Kenon698 08-10-2008 12:04 PM

Rally

No pics yet but a great time. Thanks to all who put it together. Thanks Ige!:thumb: Also, a big thanks to Christo for sponsering the event. I enjoyed talking to the vendors and all the participants.
I hope it will be bigger and better next year. It always has been.

Uncle Ben 08-10-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenon698 (Post 82514)
No pics yet but a great time. Thanks to all who put it together. Thanks Ige!:thumb: Also, a big thanks to Christo for sponsering the event. I enjoyed talking to the vendors and all the participants.

Ken, I was very impressed with your 40! The work you have already done is commendable! Your sweet Cruiser will be a piece of art when your finished with it! Great rally folks....wish I could have stayed longer!

AxleIke 08-10-2008 03:21 PM

Thanks again to all who organized this. It was an amazing time, and I loved seeing all of the trucks.

Jeff Z, sorry for bailing on you. Got to talking to some friends and lost track of time. It was all I could do to keep the drool off of some of them. Anyone want to spot me 30K to buy Ross's BJ?

Sorry for not pitching in more. :(

thenimirra 08-10-2008 03:38 PM

I'm sorry I came so late due to work, but I managed to get a couple of good shots. It was great to see folks, drool over rigs, and meet new people. I didn't have time to edit these, but here you go!

http://picasaweb.google.com/thenimir...un4x4Rally2008

corsair23 08-11-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxleIke (Post 82520)
Jeff Z, sorry for bailing on you. Got to talking to some friends and lost track of time. It was all I could do to keep the drool off of some of them. Anyone want to spot me 30K to buy Ross's BJ?

No worries :thumb:

Gave me a chance to work registration and give back some of what I've taken out of the club! Plus, UB left his burritos so I had food and Treeroot left his cooler with drinks so I was well taken care of :hill:

Thanks to everyone else who helped out and showed up!! Lots of great "eye candy" at the rally, lots of great people, and a lot of GREAT raffle prizes! I had my fingers crossed to win one of SROR's gift certificates or those cool Redline FJ40 tube doors but alas I came away with not so much a t-shirt. I can say however that I'm pretty sure I sold EVERY winning ticket so those winners owe me :D :lmao:

bigbluefj 08-11-2008 09:00 PM

So did the Romer and ige pose happen this year?? Whish i was there looked like fun hope to see more pic's....

kevin

Rzeppa 08-11-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenon698 (Post 82514)

Hi Ken,

Thanks so much for spelling me while I had some lunch! And Kevin, thanks for the burritos, definitely hit the spot. As always big thanks to Mike and Ige for doing the lion's share of the organizing, and thanks to all our volunteers who helped make this event another resounding success.

Happy cruisin'!

thenimirra 08-12-2008 09:06 AM

Is that the one where Ige and Romer have a cigar? She told me it did, but I wasn't there to capture it. Sorry. But I hear someone else took the pic!

nuclearlemon 08-12-2008 02:25 PM

yep it did, but i just haven't had time to post it.

treerootCO 08-12-2008 09:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The 2008 Rally had a great turn out! Thank you Ige for all your hard work and thank you Rising Sun for being an awesome club!