Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Vendor Market Place (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Arapahoe Cyclery (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=8520)

Hulk 11-16-2008 11:27 PM

Arapahoe Cyclery

This weekend, I visited RS member Mike Maxwell at his bicycle shop, Arapahoe Cyclery. It's really a nice store! It's one of the bigger bike shops in the area, with a lot of bikes assembled and ready for a test ride. I was impressed.

The shop is in the shopping center behind CarQuest on Broadway, right next to the big fabric store.

If you're looking for a bike, or service on your existing bike, you should talk to Mike before you wander off to another shop.

RicardoJM 11-17-2008 07:05 AM

I contacted Mike about building a wheel for me and he was a pleasure to work with. It was very nice to work with someone local who knows their stuff. I've had my wheel a month or so now and couldn't be happier. If you are in need of a bike or bike service, I would encourage you to check Mike's shop out. :thumb:

Azrael 11-17-2008 01:19 PM

I've never actually shopped there, but I've heard from many avid cyclists that if I ever needed something, that's the place to go.

Red_Chili 11-18-2008 11:10 AM

It's definitely a better place than, say, the Cyclery named after the city in which I live... south of Denver... starting with L...

Mike is a good guy who knows his stuff and will take care of you.

Rogue Leader 03-21-2009 01:14 PM

Great guy to deal with, quick repairs, and he carries the only road bikes I ride, Giant.

Bikeman 06-03-2009 05:33 PM

Thanks for the plugs. I have and will continue to give significant discounts to anyone I do or do not know in the Toyota community, from bikes to parts and accessories.

thefatkid 06-22-2009 07:06 PM

Bump for Mike@Arapahoe Cyclery, tons of great info. I felt my needs were met and then exceeded. Thank you for the new bicycle (in a couple of days).

Brian

fubuki 09-30-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikeman (Post 108752)
Thanks for the plugs. I have and will continue to give significant discounts to anyone I do or do not know in the Toyota community, from bikes to parts and accessories.

Mike,

Are you still going to be carrying Giant? I've been spending what little free time I have (Currently in Baghdad) drooling over the 2010 stuff from Interbike. I've got my eye on the 2010 Giant Glory 0.

Jay

FJBRADY 09-30-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fubuki (Post 120487)
Mike,

Are you still going to be carrying Giant? I've been spending what little free time I have (Currently in Baghdad) drooling over the 2010 stuff from Interbike. I've got my eye on the 2010 Giant Glory 0.

Jay

Jay,

Good looking bike....as far as I know Mike still carries Giant. I bought a bike off him early spring this year, Mike is excellent to work with and highly recommended.

Be safe in Bagdad! Let's go wheeling when you get back :thumb:

Bikeman 09-30-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fubuki (Post 120487)
Mike,

Jay

We are still heavy with Giant, even though we brought on Trek and Fisher. I rode the 2010 Glory 0 at Keystone in early August, all 37 lbs (light) of it!

I want to thank all that have patronized my shop. I have no less than 4 guys coming in from Burt (Groove) on their lunch breaks or after work multiple times a week thanks to Justin (Squishy!) and others referring people.

I will continue to give sustantial discounts to those in the club, or those that are also Toy freaks and Cruiserheads not in the club. The discounts are above and beyond what the general public would get , such as during or fall and winter promos going on right now.