Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Ham & CB Radio Corner (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Volunteer Exam (VE) Thread (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=8752)

RicardoJM 12-20-2008 07:40 PM

Volunteer Exam (VE) Thread

Wow, there seems to be great response from the General and Extra certified members of the club to the idea of getting certified to administer the Amateur Radio License exam. Let's coordinate the activity in this thread.

As of now, we are looking to get together in early January as a group to complete the open book review. While technically speaking it is feasible to participate on an exam team after sending in the paperwork - from a practical perspective it would be best to have certificates and badges. This will take a few weeks time to get processed at the back office. How does the week of January 12, look on your calendars? If we do it on a mid-week night perhaps we could get a bite for dinner and then hit the books.

One other item for us all to be aware of, the regulations are very clear that it is up to a Volunteer Exam Coordinator (VEC) to decide if he needs/or does not need the services of an VE present. Administering the exam is a very serious process and we should prepare for it with that in mind.

Hulk 12-21-2008 11:13 PM

The CM meeting will be Wed 1/14. How about the next week on Wed. night, 1/21?

RicardoJM 01-09-2009 12:23 PM

Holidays are over and I hope they were well for everyone. How does 01-21 look for a group working session to complete our open book review?

Mendocino 01-09-2009 01:06 PM

1/21 is the Denver Radio Club meeting and I will be attending that. I am free the rest of the evenings that week.

Hulk 01-09-2009 01:38 PM

I could probably do Wed, 1/21. I could also do Monday night. I'm booked the other nights.

Groucho 01-09-2009 02:52 PM

Here is my availability...

I am down for any time in January. However, since Andrea works 7 days a week the entire month, I am doing full-bore solo babysitter duties all the time when I am not at work.

The only dates I am UNABLE to do something in the evening are as follows:
January 12, 14, 20, 22, 23.

These are nights where Andrea works at LEAST until 10PM, so asking a family member or whatever to cover more than an hour or two of babysitter duties is not what I am willing to do.

The other nights are wide open, so in an effort to make it as painless as possible for everyone, I can manage any evening after the 12th with little or no worries (just need advance notice for the babysitter).

I do not have a particular favorite, just what works for everyone else. I am also down to get a big table somewhere and do this after a burger or something.

HTH...

PhatFJ 01-10-2009 10:36 AM

Hi guys, I wanted to let you know, I got so excited about getting my HAM liscense and I have been studing for the last few weeks. I went to the AARL website and saw that there was a test this morning at 9:00 in Denver, so I went and took the test (only missed one question.. :) ) . Wanted to let you know, as I had posted on the other page that I would be in the upcoming class and now will not.. I will be studying for my General over the next few weeks and hopefully testing for that soon... Thanks again for putting on the class!!
Talk to you soon...

Brian

Uncle Ben 01-10-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhatFJ (Post 94037)
Hi guys, I wanted to let you know, I got so excited about getting my HAM liscense and I have been studing for the last few weeks. I went to the AARL website and saw that there was a test this morning at 9:00 in Denver, so I went and took the test (only missed one question.. :) ) . Wanted to let you know, as I had posted on the other page that I would be in the upcoming class and now will not.. I will be studying for my General over the next few weeks and hopefully testing for that soon... Thanks again for putting on the class!!
Talk to you soon...

Brian

Congratulations! :thumb::thumb:

Mendocino 01-10-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhatFJ (Post 94037)
Talk to you soon...

Brian

Very cool, congratulations!

Go for the General ticket, HF is very cool!!:D

Groucho 01-14-2009 11:06 AM

ahem!

Have we narrowed this down any yet?

Bueller?