Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hot Wing contest CM09 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=8954)

farnhamstj 01-17-2009 05:37 PM

Hot Wing contest CM09

How about a Hot wing cook off. Nothing too complicated or technical. Winner gets a cold bomber of my choice purchased in CO prior to the event. Provided by Me. Anyone intersted cooks say 20-30 wings or drumies and we meet to wash them down with malt beverages. 4/30 about dark?

I'll be cooking mine on charcoal at my camp site. They're so nice they'll burn ya twice.

Romer 01-17-2009 08:08 PM

I'll be a judge as I wander through the campground :D

RockRunner 01-18-2009 12:33 PM

That is a great idea :bowdown: We could do it in a common area or if we need power/grills I will volunteer the front and side of my cabin. Since I have the corner cabin we could use the front and side and I am sure whomever my neighbor will be they could share their front area/table/grill too :D

Depending on the amount of people who enter we could ask for donations from the taster people and donate it to the Moab food bank or something like that.

I would be happy to help with setting this up. Just LMK the details etc. :thumb:

Can't wait :campfire::beer2:

bh4rnnr 01-18-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 94943)
That is a great idea :bowdown: We could do it in a common area or if we need power/grills I will volunteer the front and side of my cabin. Since I have the corner cabin we could use the front and side and I am sure whomever my neighbor will be they could share their front area/table/grill too :D

Depending on the amount of people who enter we could ask for donations from the taster people and donate it to the Moab food bank or something like that.

I would be happy to help with setting this up. Just LMK the details etc. :thumb:

Can't wait :campfire::beer2:

I'd be happy to donate some tasty malt beverages in hopes of becoming a taster:):beer::beer:

nakman 01-18-2009 01:07 PM

Great idea Farnham, I'm in.

bigbluefj 01-18-2009 03:13 PM

count me in

Hmmmm what to do????

Trapper50cal 03-04-2009 10:28 PM

Hopefully I'll be camping in the boonies on Thursday night but I'll be at Slickrock Campground Wed. Night for Inspection and to kick it with friends. (Corbet, I'm looking your direction, Zornff, you too) I'll be more than happy to donate some of Steamworks Finest to the cause.

Corbet 03-05-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh4rnnr (Post 94945)
I'd be happy to donate some tasty malt beverages in hopes of becoming a taster:):beer::beer:

Me too as I'm no wing cook.

bh4rnnr 03-05-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper50cal (Post 99275)
Hopefully I'll be camping in the boonies on Thursday night but I'll be at Slickrock Campground Wed. Night for Inspection and to kick it with friends. (Corbet, I'm looking your direction, Zornff, you too) I'll be more than happy to donate some of Steamworks Finest to the cause.

Off topic,

Any chance I could persuade you in bringing a case of there fine ale out along with a pint glass? As I collect pint glasses. Full compensation will be waiting. Just tried there ale, dang good stuff.

Red_Chili 03-06-2009 09:28 AM

I will heroically and selflessly volunteer to be a taster. As long as 'hot' is reasonable.