Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CM_09 stupid quiestion? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=9044)

fzj80fireman 01-28-2009 11:41 PM

CM_09 stupid quiestion?

Please don't hang me in the town square for asking this.

Do you have to run a Toyota at Cruise Moab? I will have my LC done by then, but I have a freind in Salt Lake, UT that would like to come out with the family and has an H2 Hummer. He doesn't want to do any really technical runs, which I think are all taken anyway.

2nd question: If runs are full on a particular day, can one explore other areas on their own or in a small "unsupervised group"?

Thanks,
Mario

Hulk 01-29-2009 12:43 AM

Answers:

1) Yes, he can register. But you might want to warn him about the teasing.

2) Yes, no permit is required for most of the trails if you're with a small group.

corsair23 01-29-2009 01:01 AM

I will add to Matt's comments the following:

In order to be an "official" part of Cruise Moab you must be a member of the TLCA. In order to be a member of the TLCA you must own a Toyota 4WD vehicle...Meet those two requirements and register for CM and then I guess technically you could run any vehicle that would pass the CM tech inspection and meet the TLCA's minimum vehicle requirements.

I checked into this for CM 07. My sister-in-law was thinking of coming out with her Jeep :o...She owned, at the time, a Toyota 4Runner so technically she could have joined the TLCA, signed up for CM 07, and then brought the Jeep to run the trails with.

Another point to bring up...Breakage. If your buddy were to break something on the trail and become immobile it is unlikely that anyone would have spare parts to get him back "on the road". This was as big of a concern I had with my sister-in-law bringing out her Jeep as was how much ribbing I knew she would take by actually bringing the Jeep out to a Toyota 4WD event :)

Hulk 01-29-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 96147)
In order to be an "official" part of Cruise Moab you must be a member of the TLCA. In order to be a member of the TLCA you must own a Toyota 4WD vehicle...Meet those two requirements and register for CM and then I guess technically you could run any vehicle that would pass the CM tech inspection and meet the TLCA's minimum vehicle requirements.

We will waive the TLCA membership requirement for anyone registering who has a different, non-Toyota vehicle. His vehicle will still need to pass technical inspection if he is planning to run with our guided trail run groups.

We accept this, but it is not encouraged. It's really a loophole for close friends and members only.

bigbluefj 02-04-2009 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i've seen this at Moab a few years ago not sure if they were a TLCA member or not??

Kevin

fzj80fireman 02-05-2009 08:05 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I actually want him to get ribbed so he will by a landcruiser. He does own a toyota p/u, but he can't fit the whole family in it.