Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tech inspection at Cruise Moab (question) (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=9128)

MDH33 02-10-2009 11:19 AM

Tech inspection at Cruise Moab (question)

I have a question regarding tech inspection for Cruise Moab '09:

For those of us going on the overnight run who will need earlier inspections, Kurt had mentioned getting people inspected on Tuesday and possibly heading out to camp in the Swell Tuesday night and starting the trail run Wednesday morning.

Would it be possible to get my rig inspected the week prior to leaving for moab? I am planning on being out in the desert for several days before the event and then meeting up with the overnight group in the Swell. I don't want to have to come back to Moab just to get my rig inspected if possible.

thoughts? :beer:

Hulk 02-10-2009 11:49 AM

The leaders of the overnight group will have the authority to do inspections. So when you show up, they will do tech in on your vehicle.

MDH33 02-10-2009 12:00 PM

muchas gracias! :thumb:

LETSROLL 02-10-2009 01:27 PM

I have a question on this topic as well. I'm bringing my nearly stock 40 to CM09. I'm not doing the overnight ride, but I was hoping to take it on the trails rated with a #2? It's got no lift (currently) and the tires are basic 235/75R/15 truck tires. Am I'm going to have problems?

Is there something inexpensive I can do to improve the ride?

Thanks!

Hulk 02-10-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LETSROLL (Post 97164)
I have a question on this topic as well. I'm bringing my nearly stock 40 to CM09. I'm not doing the overnight ride, but I was hoping to take it on the trails rated with a #2? It's got no lift (currently) and the tires are basic 235/75R/15 truck tires. Am I'm going to have problems?

Thanks!

The only trail rated at a 2 is Chicken Corners (which I have never run, but it's supposed to be incredibly scenic and cool). A stock FJ40 will be just fine on this trail -- no modifications are necessary. Just make sure your tires aren't bald and your truck doesn't leak fluids.

Essential reading:

MDH33 02-10-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LETSROLL (Post 97164)

Thanks!

A stock 40 is fine. (especially with the top and doors left behind at the campground :cool: ). Some cheap mods that will make your trail rides more enjoyable: Bikini top, a cooler to keep your water and sodas cold, a CB that works well. ;)

Hulk 02-10-2009 10:21 PM

It should be noted that a CB radio is a requirement for Cruise Moab this year. It's well worth the money: you'll have a lot more fun on the trail listening to the rest of the group chat. Some of our trail leaders know a lot of history of the area as well, and they share.

LETSROLL 02-11-2009 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll b making a purchase at CB Sevice Center on Sheridan! My wife and I plus the dog re drivng out in the 40 (that should be fun).
Look for us on the road. We'll be in the right hand lane!

MDH33 02-11-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LETSROLL (Post 97203)
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll b making a purchase at CB Sevice Center on Sheridan! My wife and I plus the dog re drivng out in the 40 (that should be fun).
Look for us on the road. We'll be in the right hand lane!

I drove my 40 the last two years - on super swamper LTB's! You'll be riding in comfort in your 40. Great looking rig! :thumb:

Trapper50cal 03-04-2009 10:15 PM

That's a good looking 40!