Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Photography Corner (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Now that's a killer body (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=9249)

bh4rnnr 02-27-2009 09:05 PM

Now that's a killer body
 
Mmmmmmmmmm

And get your mind out of the gutter! What did you think I was going to post:confused::hill:

:beer::beer:

RockRunner 02-28-2009 11:17 AM

Pretty sweet but I will stay with my Canon for now, don't want to change all my lenses. 24 megapixels is fricking nuts:eek:, talk about carrying some cards with you.

I am waiting for Canon to come out with a unit like Nikon, one that will do video too. If they can combine the quality of something like the 5D with a video set up I think I would be all over it, depending on price of course:o

bh4rnnr 02-28-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 98695)
Pretty sweet but I will stay with my Canon for now, don't want to change all my lenses. 24 megapixels is fricking nuts:eek:, talk about carrying some cards with you.

I am waiting for Canon to come out with a unit like Nikon, one that will do video too. If they can combine the quality of something like the 5D with a video set up I think I would be all over it, depending on price of course:o

Yeah 24 megapixels is a lot. Soon we wont even need a reason for larg formats. I've been able to go as big as 20x30 with 9.....

I started out with Minolta, but then they sold there Camera division to Sony (right after I got a Digital SLR). All i've read, my lenses should work with the Sony:cool:

RockRunner 02-28-2009 08:17 PM

I had a Minolta too, but not SLR. I now have a 20D, about 4 years or so, it has served me well and I like it. I would like to upgrade but have to many things I want before that. A 5D would be nice but not needed.

Good to hear your lenses will work still that is the investment right there, not the body.

Hulk 03-01-2009 12:14 PM

Looks like you can get it for $500 cheaper at Broadway Photo.

Perry, what's the megapixel count on your current SLR camera?

bh4rnnr 03-02-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 98755)
Looks like you can get it for $500 cheaper at Broadway Photo.

Perry, what's the megapixel count on your current SLR camera?

My current Minolta is at 9megapixels. Been a great camera, just would be nice to have one that's not out of buis.

I'll have to post up a link to the lense i'm thinking about as well. That though, will have to wait till the rest of the suspension/engine is finished....

Cheeseman 03-02-2009 05:07 PM

Yes Broadway Photo has great prices but the warranty may not be an American warranty. Be careful where you have to send it. Megapixels are a wonderful thing.
________
Upskirt hidden

Azrael 03-02-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 98695)
I am waiting for Canon to come out with a unit like Nikon, one that will do video too. If they can combine the quality of something like the 5D with a video set up I think I would be all over it, depending on price of course:o

Uhh... You know the 5D Mark II Does exactly what you're talking about, right?

I believe it was one of the first to market with that ability.

RockRunner 03-02-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrael (Post 98889)
Uhh... You know the 5D Mark II Does exactly what you're talking about, right?

I believe it was one of the first to market with that ability.

I may be mistaken and I have not checked into it lately but I thought the first 5D did not offer that option. I was not aware there was a mark II, unless that was the long name for the first one that came out 2 years ago or so. Or I could be completely wrong and and did not read all the info the first time:o

Azrael 03-03-2009 10:09 AM

The first one didn't. The MkII came out last fall and that video feature when it was released ended up getting a lot of attention.

Edit: And a little more info I just found. The Nikon D90 was the first with video (720p), but the MkII was the first with full HD capability (1080p).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.