Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mountain Bikes (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=9300)

Framer 03-05-2009 09:58 AM

Mountain Bikes

Is anyone bringing thier Mountain Bikes to CM. I understand that it has some great trails.

MDH33 03-05-2009 10:11 AM

Awesome Mtn biking in and around Moab! :thumb:

DaveInDenver 03-05-2009 12:00 PM

Right now there is a tentative group of people who are going to be in Moab for CM and I think by and large not driving at all. Maybe running the right seat if the opportunity arises, though. What do you have in mind?

subzali 03-05-2009 02:36 PM

I'm taking my mtb and my 2wd pickup. Planning on Porcupine Rim Friday and Amasa Back at least.

Corbet 03-05-2009 03:32 PM

Porcupine Rim is my favorite trail to ride.

Followed by the Gold Bar Rim - Golden Spike - Poison Spider Combo.

I might be riding on Sunday but I'm there to wheel for the most part this year.

Framer 03-06-2009 10:08 AM

I'm there to wheel also but if I can get in an evening or morning ride with some one who knows there way around that would be great. Are there trails that can be done from the campground?

wesintl 03-06-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Framer (Post 99475)
I'm there to wheel also but if I can get in an evening or morning ride

IMHO if your there to wheel you won't have the time. Depending on what trails you're on you might get off early enough to something like slickrock

DaveInDenver 03-06-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesintl (Post 99478)
IMHO if your there to wheel you won't have the time. Depending on what trails you're on you might get off early enough to something like slickrock

Wes is right, you'll be better assuming that you will either ride or wheel that day. If you want to ride from camp, I think it's fun to ride along with the runs on Steel Bender or Moab Rim. On the bike you can get ahead of the group pretty easily and get your pick of viewing gallery spots. On Steel Bender (or what we cyclists refer to as Flat Pass), the ledge is a good spot to stop and hang with the group. Plus if you're riding with the group run you can stash lots of food and water with a buddy...

60wag 03-06-2009 12:00 PM

I have a tough time not bringing a bike to Moab although I don't know when I'll be able to squeeze in a ride. I'm thinking a lap on Slickrock after driving Hell's Revenge?

Corbet 03-06-2009 01:16 PM

I've done the slickrock loop in as little as 90 minutes but I'm no longer in that kind of shape. The sign at the trailhead says to plan 4 hours to complete the loop.

If you have a light you could ride after a trail run but do not do a trail like slickrock in the dark.

Playground trails like Bartlet Slickrock that you can hit and spend as much or little time as you wish.

There are trails you could ride from camp but in an interest of time probably would not want to. I'd probably choose to ride or wheel on any given day to get the most enjoyment out of your trip.