View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Funny you were talking about CM and BHCC being the same age.

To me it looks like they have a very similar problem to CM with trail requirements.

I technically qualify for Hal Johns, though I have no business there (assuming i was fine with the body damage part, though, with the amount of armor I'll have, probably better off than some)

Trail descriptions for these events need to be done as requirements for vehicles so that all can have a fun day, and not the bare minimum requirements for vehicles to get through the trail.

Basically, if a guy with my exact truck showed up to a Hal Johns run, the leader would have to turn him away, even though he met all of the requirements. Certainly would bum me out after going all that way and getting pumped to run a trail.

Obviously, this is in no way a slight against the guys of BHCC, but rather an observation that I've had with CM too. I meet the requirements to go on trails there that I have no business on too.

Actually, BHCC is a small and personal feeling event. When you sign up for trails you will have lots of opportunity to change your mind! The other side of that scenario is true also as you might get convinced you can do something "over your head" and because of the ultra warm fuzzy atmosphere you will have your back covered by those who talked you into it. It's about as close to wheeling with your immediate family as you'll ever feel in a paid event!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior