View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Toy View Post
Unfortunately my daughter is severly allergic to cottonwood...
Just wondering if she has been tested so you know that? Interested because I always thought I was really allergic to cottonwood and that my 9-yr old was as well. CM '07 the cottonwood was so thick it was drifted like snow (last year there was none...) and we figured we were in trouble. Nothing, no issues, nada. Come to find out it is the pine tree pollen we are allergic to. Just so happens the two tend to pump out their "stuff" around the same time but you can readily see the cottonwood flying...Not so much with the pine tree pollen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Toy View Post
Are there any trails that are so long or tedious that the family will go nuts??? I want to make this as fun an experience for them as possible...so I get to come back year after year. Cheers and I look forward to meeting many of you.
I can tell you what my and the 5 & 9 yr old daughters have liked over the last two CM's. Poison Spider (seems to be their fav), Fins & Thing, Porcupine Rim, and Hells Revenge. None of these have proven to be too long or tedious and you are usually back in camp by 3-4pm. We ran Metal Masher last year and we weren't too fond of that one. There were some fun sections like the beginning and mirror gulch but the rest was just ok.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater