View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Here are my pics. The weather was perfect, starting out clear and cool. Just when it started getting too warm, a nice breeze picked up and some light clouds rolled in. This was a great opening season run!

Martin's truck in front of Tarryall Resevoir. It was 50% clear of ice and there was not a single person there.

The northwest face of Pikes Peak.

My trusty 80 is nearing the quarter million mark!

Airing down at the trailhead - the Red & Green show.

Trail entrance. Overall the trail was 95% dry. No snow more than about an inch deep anywhere.

Awesome scenery from the trailhead.

The area abounds with interesting rock formations.

Between the rock formations the trail has many sandy smooth sections.

Martin clears the first obstacle.

Martin lining up for another obstacle which he crawled right up. All of the obstacles had bypasses or alternate routes.

Our lunch spot on Tarryall Creek. There were a bunch of nice campsites right on the creek here.

After lunch my 80 cleverly tried to hide behind a tree, but I found it without too much trouble.

Toward the end of the day we took a quick walk up the box canyon. Here are the posts & cables Martin mentioned in his post.

The local facilities made it just like being at home.

Here are a couple shots in the canyon. I could easily spend a day just exploring this area on foot.

Overall a perfect day. My sliders got friendly with some rocks, as did my skid plate. However no damage was incurred thanks to Mr. Slee.

Thanks for the invite Martin. Like I said at lunch: Beats the hell out of working!

67 FJ40 LC Tan
94 RN101 PU Pewter
95 FZJ80 LC Red
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
00 VZN185 4Runner SR5 Desert Dune
90 Honda XR600R

Last edited by MountainGoat; 04-09-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: grammar