View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
So are you back from lunch yet? What's the deal up there?
Well, don't know where to start....
It is true, Gallispie and the Gold Lake Ridge road have been bulldozed! The road to Nugget Hill is untouched from the saddle (cross road) up. I spoke to two Geologists working at the big mine on Gallispie and got some great answers. First off, the bulldozing is a normal every 10 or so year thing as the roads are designated Egress roads for firefighting and access. That means after a couple years the road should be fairly washed out again! Before you start clapping there is a catch.....the reson the Geologists are there isw because they work for the company that ownes the mines up there. There is a possibility the big mine might reopen soon depending on the Geologists reports. I told them that we would be happy to work with them and try to keep the access open and they appreciated that (he wrote it down in his notes!). The mine company will keep Gallispie graded to the mine if it does start up operation again.
So the outlook is good and bad!
As for the Friday FAC run I'm still game.....the road is still steep and loose and as I mentioned the road to Nugget Hill is as it was before.

Here is some pics (none of Nugget Hilll and only one of the ridge road)

Before the mine where we always air down....
Attached Images

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior

Last edited by Uncle Ben; 09-13-2005 at 09:07 PM.