View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluefj View Post
Ahhh princess 15 hour's i day's drive come on now suck it up
You need a couple young 'ens in the back asking "are we there yet?" starting about 10 minutes into the drive . 6-8 hours of that and suddenly spending the $100 for a hotel stay to break up the trip doesn't seem so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
If I'm going with the family we usually go a couple days early and enter the Black Hills on the bottom side and head straight to Hot Springs. Evans Plunge is the pool there and is heap big fun with it's 4 water slides two pools (1 indoor and 1 outdoor) and who can forget the swing ropes from one side of the pool to another? If your a tourist you'll want to check out the Mammoth Site!
Thanks for the tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Jeff, I have made it to Rapid city in under 6 hours and thats past where this is.
We travelled up there about 4 years ago and I also recall it being about 6 hours...But, that was in a V8 powered Durango with no popup to slow me down ...I think all the cabins are gone so looks like the popup will be a requirement for the trip...
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater