View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm still doing the Blackstone oil analysis...I guess I'm a little about my HG going in either the 80 or the LX. I thought my fellow 80 series owners might be interested in seeing the results. I ran the oil ~3 months longer than I meant to () but it doesn't seem to have mattered. Had to add 2 qts of oil over the 9 months so not bad (seems to be about average). Funny how the mileage between changes ended up where it did...You'll understand that if you are a Colorado native .

If you're interested, the oil I've used is: For the first and second reports I was running Mobil 1 0W/40 - For this latest report I was running the Mobil 1 10W/40 High Mileage oil. While it might seem that my oil burn increased, in fairness I added 1 qt of oil just before CM09 and probably didn't need to but I wasn't positive when I was going to get around to changing the oil...

Bottom line for me is that changing the oil in the 80 every 6 months is fine (given the mileage it sees in that time) AND more importantly it looks like I can hold off for a little while longer on placing that call to Robbie to get on his calendar for a HG replacement

Name:  FZJ80 Blackstone Report.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  151.5 KB
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater