View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Custer State Park is a great escape from the crowds at Mt Rushmore and Rapid City - nice place for a hike, picnic, drive, etc.

Evan's Plunge is on the way to Rapid City if your kids like to swim. It's nothing special, but I liked the fact that it seemed to be frozen in time - sort of a relic from many decades ago.

There's a boatload of touristy things in Rapid City, including various reptile parks and a drive through animal sanctuary (buffalo, mountain goats, big cats, etc.) that my kids enjoyed.
Evans Plunge in Hot Springs, SD is an awesome pool! We never miss it when we head up there. The two indoor water slides and the one indoor/outdoor slides are great and the rope swings are always a hit too!

Reptile Gardens is cool to visit once maybe twice in your life. Bear Country Safari is a blast for all ages! We were disappointed last time though as they changed the baby bear area so you are not nearly as face to face as you used to be. There are many tourist venues in the Black Hills that are not worth the money. Caves are on example. There are tones of them everywhere! We have been to a lot of them over the years and our favorites are Wind Cave, Crystal Cave, Rushmore Cave and Jewel Cave. Jewel is out of the way but worth seeing but make reservations as the tours fill up for the whole day early. Borglum Historical Center in Keystone is also an awesome time kill and you will learn more about Mount Rushmore there than any other site!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior