Thread: Bowagw 2009
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Great time and thanks to all!

First, I had a great time, in spite of a bit of trail damage.

Thanks to all of you. Cheeseman for getting me upright again and safely back on the trail. Thanks to all of you who provided moral (or morale) support and advice. This just gives me something to do next winter.

Lessons learned - The 40 does not handle like my 80. The learning curve is still steep, but I will be coming back for more.

Next time I will listen to Chris (Sandstorm) and take the bypass on the more "tippy" sections. Tall tires, four inch lifts and short, narrow wheelbases don't do well on radical trails.

I wish I could have stayed for the dinner, it looked like fun, but it was 11:30 by the time I got home last night. Cottonwood pass was a mess and I also learned the 40 has lousy headlights (more mods to come).

Note that I have changed my sig line name for the 40 from "Mustard Seed" to "Marmot" which is defined as a "small yellowish animal that heads for the rocks when startled".

My wife waited up for me last night. She took it all well, I think. I hope to be able to move back in later in the month. Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"