View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks everyone. Just back from my 1st ride with it. And to put my lack of skills into context. Today was day 3 on singletrack and my 6th time ever on a motorcycle. I lasted a whole 45 minutes before I tested out the bark buster, turned the bars sideways and did the tuck and roll down the embankment over a log. I droped it a few more times but not at speed. The reklus is the greatest thing ever. I've been a mountain biker for 20+ years. Having the rear brake on the bars has given me control of the rear brake. It'd be nice to have the front brake on the left and rear on the rt MTB style, but I'm adjusting. I'm useless at finding the rear foot pedal. I'm starting to get the peel out the rear wheel thing. sort of.

I learned to crash in 1st gear my first day. 2nd gear my second day. Rode in 3rd gear on trail on the third day. I'm making progress an have more than gotten my money's worth out of my protctive gear.