View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default Live from South Dakota (pre-BHCC)

We left Denver on Saturday afternoon, arriving in Lusk, Wyo. after dark. At one point, we drove through a cloud of bugs so thick that Karie thought it was raining.

Name:  bugs-80.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  134.9 KB

The hotel we stayed at had a sweet old Impala SS two-door parked outside. I'm guessing it belonged to someone who worked the front desk.

Name:  impala-ss.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  103.2 KB

We arrived in SD on Sunday. Hot Springs is a neat old town. We spent most of the day at Evan's Plunge, which was too wet for pictures. The kids were fascinated by the old jail in town.

Name:  jail.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  91.5 KB

The Mammoth Site is a huge archaeological dig where a bunch of mammoths got trapped in a sinkhole. Amazing bones. It's a working site, although no one was working on a late Sunday afternoon.

Name:  mammoth.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  118.3 KB

On the way to Custer, we drove through Wind Cave National Park. There are signs warning drivers about buffalo. Soon enough, we came across one near the road. It was pretty dark, so I had to crank the ISO on my camera to get this cruddy shot. After the picture was taken, it walked up on the road in front of us. I passed it by within a few feet.

Name:  buffalo.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  90.9 KB
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.