View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default 5th Annual Ghost Town Run

Early report as the group is not finished yet. I had to depart last night so I can only comment on Saturday's activities.

First, it was a great day! I think we had 24 rigs in all. Some joined up at St. Elmo on Sat while others came early.

A BIG thanks to Groucho (Nathaniel) for excellent leadership and commentary on the history and countryside. It is always a pleasure to be on one of his runs.

A second big thanks to the experienced folks (Cheeseman, Rover67 and several others) who assisted in a recovery that could have been very serious. I will let others brief you on this as I was up front and did not see what happened first hand. We all need to appreciate the value of these experienced folks in our group.

We had a wonderful pot luck dinner at camp, again with more food than we could possibly eat. And Barb Miller made her famous dutch oven cherry cobler. I proposed shortly after tasting my first bite, out of earshot of Bruce.

Great group and a fun time. I will post a few more pics. Thanks again to all. Terry
Attached Images

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"

Last edited by ttubb; 07-26-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Upload of pics