View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Rising Sun Member

Wow, what a great run this was!!! Our group was large to begin with and was joined by a few more. On the way up there were 23 trucks between Jeff and I. Many thanks to Jeff for leading this run and Rick for giving me a hand with radio communications and driving. I believe I got around to see just about everyone and am pleased to report everyone was having a good time. We had quite a few family groups join us for this run and the little ones had a good time on the way up and good naps on the way down. With a group this large, it just was not possible to get a group photo, in fact we would not all fit in the parking lot up top.

Here are a few shots of the group airing down and the assembling for the drivers meeting.

Here are a couple of shots of about 1/2 the group at the spot we pulled over to let the Rovers get by. The ended up blending in with our group before we reached the lake.

A few of shots from the parking area at the lake.

Finally a couple of shots from the trail.

Many in the group were taking their rigs out for the first time, including our neighbor Kyle. His FJ Cruiser did extremely well. For all of our newbies, we enjoyed having you with us and look forward to seeing you at a meeting or on the trail again.
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941