View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Rising Sun member

Something I came up with yesterday that I thought was brilliant was this: instead of just passing by people on the trail I stopped and talked to every car that passed. I told them I was from Rising Sun, that we maintained this trail, asked them how their trip that day was going and if they had seen any problems we needed to know about, like trash, user-created trails, or signs that were damaged. I figure that if people start understanding that it's 4x4 drivers that maintain that area they might have more respect for it rather than just thinking it's the government closing off their fun...

So think about doing the same if you happen to be up in that area - a few second conversation might make a big difference over time...

I am also thinking of putting together some flyers with our club's information and information about that area to hand out to people that I see up there...

EDIT: I think I would encourage them to send an email to landuse@risingsun4x4club.org if they have any questions or concerns...
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD

Last edited by subzali; 08-31-2009 at 12:55 PM.