View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
So on Wednesday night driving home my CEL came on. Pulled the code last night and yup, PO401. so I cleared it, driving the 80 again today and it hasn't come back on yet.

I have 2 theories: one is I am pretty sure I've got an exhaust leak, maybe multiple. Occasionally when I start the truck I can hear something rattle.. I can also get it to rattle at various RPM's, like power breaking while wheeling I can get it to rattle pretty good... second theory is the second guessing of the Landtank MAF mod... which has been in place for about 10,000 miles now.

I can't remember what all got replaced when I had 401 last time, I think the IAC valve? Maybe remembers... anyway I'm not going to do anything until the light comes on again, but am open to any peanut gallery comments in the interim. :popcorn:

The leak is most likely the crotch of the Y pipe. The valve Robbie replaced is the EGR vacuum control solenoid. I have not popped a 401 since I replaced mine and I too am running Ricks MAS (happily) You might check the EGR sensor for crud build up.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior