View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default 2009 40's Only Run

Wow, what a fun day of FJ40 wheeling. There were 17 rigs on the run this year and very few problems on the run. The weather held out and last weeks snow gave the group some snow run action. We met in Conifer, aired down just outside of Jefferson and were soon on our way up Georgia Pass. Here is that pesky FJ40 paparazzi and the subject of the shutterbugs interest.

The views up high beautiful. On the other side of the Continental Divide we found a nice spot for lunch. Charlie and Jake welcomed everyone into the lunch spot with snowballs. After lunch the group head up a muddy, slick, recently snowed on hill. At the top they were rewarded with great views and a cabin tour. The snow made for some tough going but the group would not be denied. There was strapping, tugging and the chains even came out.

Soon the group was back down from the cabin hill and we split up into those heading home via I-70 and those heading home the scenic route over Boreas Pass. The drive over Boreas was a bit congested going up and very clear coming down.

This was my first 40s only run and I had a blast. It was great to see Marco and Bruce looking like teenagers in Marco's new 40. Timm and Ty together in Timms' new 40.

The few problems that I am aware of were a busted vacuum fitting, broken fan belt and slipped fan belt. The group had sufficient resources to work through the problems and Rising Sun left no one behind.

We had a rig from Horsetooth Wheelers come up from Fort Collins, a rig from Colorado Springs and of course Terry made the drive up from Crested Butte. The Marmot looks great and shows no trace of the BOWAGW run carnage.

A super big thanks to Martin for coordinating this event and leading us through the day. Timztoy, thanks for your wrenching help on the trail. Justin, Dave and Terry for the fan belts. All in all it was a great event for the club and a real treat to be on the road with all the old iron.
TLCA #18941

Last edited by RicardoJM; 09-27-2009 at 08:02 AM.