View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
Glad to hear you are all okvay. I am shocked your sheet metal wasn't damaged. I have to step up the armor... or not play as hard as you!
I was quite happy with the out come considering what it could have been. The front stinger protected the hood and radiator. If you look at the picture where it's flopped on the right side you can see what saved it well.

You can see the heavy wall DOM tube that goes from the rear bumper and ties into the slider. What you cant see is that tubed is tied to the frame under the wheel well and the cage ties into it too.

The front tube fender is made of the same super stout tube and ties to the slider in back, to the stinger in front and also ties to the frame in two other places. The rear tube, slider and tube fender stick out just enough that once it leaves the tire those are the next contact points and then it contactes the roll cage. The only issue was when I built the original cage I made the A hoop about 2" too short. If it was a little taller the windshield frame would have survived.

All I can say is "Thank You Redline Cruisers for the great body armor, for beefing up my roll cage and properly installing the seats and harnesses into a well built cage tub.". The whole time it felt like a cool carnival ride. It was amazing to be able to just fold the windshield down and just continue on with the run. I've seen other vehicles roll less hard than my second roll and it virtually totaled them not to mention people getting hurt.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang