Thread: Moab in October
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Moab in October

I know some folks were just out this way but incase the rest of you ever wonder what Moab is like in October...Here is a glimpse..

My wife in camp....who's watching the kids??? What I can't bring my FJ on this trip??

backside of our camp facing west

apparently I am not the only one that knows about this awesome camping location....main tent area of 24 hours of Moab Mtn bike race

Sunset shines on the Rocks

This is what a 10 minute drive out of town will get you for a view!

Not my 40 but a guy named Justin from Gunnison was camped just up hill above us..his buddy or Dad is a neighbor of Uncle Ben's..

might be the inspiration for Tow-Mator....This is a VW junkyard in Moab..The owner' son took it over a few years ago and is kind of cleaning it up..It is like a resting ground for many old VWs, many vans, bugs, Karmen Gia's..Always looked at it from the road, first time I actually got to walk the grounds..kind of sacred back there..

The road out on Sunday..."Why are we leaving???...Man if I had my FJ, I would be headed home via the Kokopelli, calling in sick on Monday"...did you say something?.."me? Nope..great trip honey..."
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com