View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
The ARE toppers are supposed to have a high weight capacity and several people on ExPo have been running them with RTT's. I was asking Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters about it and he concurred. There is a big difference in stationary vs moving load, so a topper that can take a 200Lb moving load will be plenty strong to hold a tent and couple of people while parked. I'm going to get there "track system" which will let me add as many Yakima load bars as I see fit (3). I'll let you know how it works.

Also, when I called suburban topper this week, they quoted me $110 per side for the windoors.
Seriously? I would be psyched to skip the whole rack thing and just do Yakima bars.. I have bought those tracks before from Rocky Mounts in Boulder. And I think I've got enough towers & bars around.. is that a windoor price because you're buying a new topper and you just choose that window as an upgrade? That would make sense, but both times I've bought a replacement after the fact it was more like $250. I do still want a DS...

I'll do some expo searching.. will bring the truck on Wednesday.
82 fj40, 99 uzj100, 06 gx470

97 DR650, 05 525EXC, 01 XT225, 89 TW200, 09 TTR125, 07 TTR90, 07 CRF50