Thread: Arizona Trip
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Arizona Trip

Mitchell and I went to AZ for 2 weeks. This time there was no screwing around. We were either wheeling or riding ATVs, riding an old XR350 dirtbike, camping with friends and relatives, or shooting handguns. Not to mention, plenty of XX Amber went down the tube. Mitchell rode his bicycle, but I believe it or not did no mountain bike riding with a bit of a chest cold. Mitchell did actually very well for the 14.5 hour drive to Prescott and back, stopping only for gas. I could only drive about 65-68 mph to keep the fuel economy less horrible with 5.29's at 2800 rpm. The trucker traffic on I-40 was the usual bear.

The first trip down ther was in the valley, southeast of Phoenix, near Florence, camping on the Gila river. No RTT this time. It actually rained for the first time since September (this was mid-November) The tree cover was heavy and gave the 'Cruiser some Arizona pinstriping from Mesquite trees. One just about ripped the top of the snorkle off!:

We had a real cattle drive come thru camp in the morning, and yes, we were warned and got the kids in the rigs and out of the way. There were a couple of big 'ol steers not in the pic that were 'bent on going one way. You can hear tree branches crack and the commotion from a distance:

Another pic, with my buddies 1990 exta cab:

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies

Last edited by Bikeman; 12-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.