View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Rising Sun member

I tried the testing procedure last night and everything checked out okay, just like it was supposed to. I still get the idle change when pumping though, so I think I'm either going to get a new booster or get the vacuum dealy and check it out, if it's not too expensive. Adjusted one of my rear drums tonight, it seems like that made a difference.

Jeff - I read your writeup and you say there are 8 places to bleed the brakes and 8 places to adjust the wheel cylinders. I only found one place on each of the rear drums to bleed the brakes, which would mean if you have four wheel drums you'd only have 4 places total to bleed your brakes. Maybe I'm missing something?

When I tried to adjust the shoes out, only one of the four adjusters would turn. All the others were...(jammed, stuck, all the way extended,...)...what does that mean? Do I need to replace wheel cylinders now? Or does that just mean that the shoes are all the way against the drum already? I could BARELY hear dragging on either side (that Lockright is loud compared to brake dragging )...so any thoughts there? Thanks again guys, I'm getting it figured out...
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD