View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

I know Marco was talking about the other Jeff commenting but...

I haven't flown since the "Christmas bomber" idiot but we took a trip at Thanksgiving to Florida...

IMO at time things were the same...Shoes off, laptop, DVD players, etc. in their own bin. No problem with the camera or anything else although it is only a point and shoot Sony (no pun intended ). Is it the TSA or the airlines that are getting more strict on carry on luggage? Typical rule is one carry on + purse or briefcase or laptop bag. What is ridiculous are the people that try to carry on way too much stuff (like enough stuff for a 2 week vacation) because they don't want to check a bag.

Our typical routine is a smallish carryone with the DVD players, movies, camera, etc. in it and then my laptop, the kid's carry on bags with games and toys etc. Hmmm...pretty ridiculous as well I guess

What I have heard that changed most is what you can, and cannot do now in the last hour of the flight. No more pee breaks, no more movie watching, no more computers, nothing in your lap (pillow, bag, blanket), no more getting into the overhead bins, etc. I wonder at what point will people finally get fed up with the hassle of flying and choose other alternatives if possible?

Personally I'm tired of the terror$hits dictating our response instead of the other way around...
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater